Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userh3xyJOqV9S
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Contact Samsung and they will give you instructions to send it into them. I sent my player in a week ago, have it back already and it works perfectly! This looked awful when I first encountered the problem, but I gotta say Samsung stood by their product. I am very happy

Options
Home Theater

@userh3xyJOqV9S wrote:

Contact Samsung and they will give you instructions to send it into them. ..

Huh????

If you read my post you would see that I'm asking about the return shipping to me after the repair.

A week ago I already did what you're suggesting

Contact Samsung: check, done 06/25/20

Received 2 shipping labels: check, got them 06/26/20

Shipped 2 units to Samsung repair: check, shipped them UPS 06/27/20

Samsung repaired them: check, repaired 07/01/20

Samsung shipped them back to me: only one UPS tracking number shows "shipped on 07/02/20", the other one only shows 'Label Created on 07/02/20'.  No pickup, no intermediate location scans.

I know there are many customers like me that sent 2 players in for repair.  I was just asking those customers if Samsung returned their 2 repaired players in one box, or separate in 2 boxes?

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

There is a large thread titled "Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in" with 261 pages and 2609 replies.  Has that thread been locked out?  I can't seem to post a comment question about the fix.

Yeah, it looks like they locked that thread. Wonder why? I think a lot of people were being helped by those of us who have successfully navigated the repair process.

user58Pji5izjB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a model BD-F5700/ZA that is experiencing the boot loop problem.  Spent a whole hour in the online chat jumping through their hoops to finally be told it was a hardware problem and the player would need to be sent in for repair. Which I knew, of course, but I also knew they would have to go through their standard script to get to that point.

Then the chat person tells me I have to go back to the Samsung site and start a repair request. OK, sounds good. But I had to create an account then register my product and then it tells me that my warranty is expired and leaves me with no way to initiate a repair request. Back to the chat and he tells me to call the repair depot and that I would have to pay for the repair.

I told him like 3 times other people were getting prepaid labels to ship their units back and getting them repaired for free but he apparently decided it was no longer his problem.

Normally I wouldn’t get this angry about a 6 year old Blu Ray player I paid $55 for about 6 years ago. But they broke it somehow, not me. And other people are getting free repairs but I am not.

Guess I'm done with Samsung products.

Options
Home Theater

@user58Pji5izjB wrote:

I have a model BD-F5700/ZA that is experiencing the boot loop problem.  Spent a whole hour in the online chat jumping through their hoops to finally be told it was a hardware problem and the player would need to be sent in for repair. Which I knew, of course, but I also knew they would have to go through their standard script to get to that point.

Then the chat person tells me I have to go back to the Samsung site and start a repair request. OK, sounds good. But I had to create an account then register my product and then it tells me that my warranty is expired and leaves me with no way to initiate a repair request. Back to the chat and he tells me to call the repair depot and that I would have to pay for the repair.

I told him like 3 times other people were getting prepaid labels to ship their units back and getting them repaired for free but he apparently decided it was no longer his problem.

Normally I wouldn’t get this angry about a 6 year old Blu Ray player I paid $55 for about 6 years ago. But they broke it somehow, not me. And other people are getting free repairs but I am not.

Wow, are you in the USA?  When I started my chat session the first time, I gave them my two model numbers and a link to that huge thread here on the community.  No more questions asked, he gave me a repair ticket email for each unit and followed up with two UPS shipping labels.  At least one is on it's way back to me, hopefully both.

0 Likes
user58Pji5izjB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, I am in the USA.  I even gave the tech the link to the other thread that is now locked.  The chat person still insisted that there would be a cost for the repair.  I am now several hours into trying to resolve this issue between spending time trying to fix it, reasearching the problem online and reading about it here and other places, and an hour in that chat session.  Half an hour ago I PMed Samsung support on Twitter and they replied that they are certainly giving free repairs and now they want me to call another number to set up a service call.  Not sure what that means.  If they want to send someone to my place now to take care of the problem, or they just want to talk about it more.  They need to get all their techs on the same page on this issue.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

If this was chat, I'd call them instead. I sent my 5700 in last week. Repaired and sitting on the dock in new Jersey because of the holidays. But seriously, call. 1-800-Samsung. The wait time will probably be long and you gotta argue with the automatic attendant, but worth it. 

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@user58Pji5izjB wrote:

I suspect that because your unit is not one of the 2015 series products (BD-Jxxxx & HT-Jxxxx), it is not showing up on their list of products qualifying for a no-charge repair.

0 Likes
user58Pji5izjB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I did buy it in November of 2014.  Guess I should call them and see if I can get the repair going over the phone instead of chat.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@mcw53 wrote:

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

There is a large thread titled "Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in" with 261 pages and 2609 replies.  Has that thread been locked out?  I can't seem to post a comment question about the fix.

Yeah, it looks like they locked that thread. Wonder why? I think a lot of people were being helped by those of us who have successfully navigated the repair process.

I bet they locked the thread because everyone was going to the final pages and posting the problem without doing any research in the thread for the solution.  They FINALLY redid the Solution for it and actually gave some good instructions.  I know that on that thread the final 30 pages were cut and paste replies with the solution again.  No one would look.