Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userOdJgp7YKyK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

OK it's been over two weeks have we come up with a solution for fixing the Blu-ray players on the rebooting looping problem situation

0 Likes
usercimR8yiyRa
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

WHAT IS THE FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM?

@userOdJgp7YKyK wrote:

OK it's been over two weeks have we come up with a solution for fixing the Blu-ray players on the rebooting looping problem situation

0 Likes
userwjCmYQuo0o
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

In 2016, I purchased this blu-ray player from Amazon USA and the product was working perfectly until it started to constantly power recycle. Samsung Mexico explained to me that I would need to contact Samsung USA because the product was American. 

Today, I contacted Samsung Support (USA) via Twitter and I was told for the product to be repaired that I would be financially responsible for all the shipping costs of getting the product to and from USA.  

Options
Home Theater

There is a large thread titled "Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in" with 261 pages and 2609 replies.  Has that thread been locked out?  I can't seem to post a comment question about the fix.

Options
Home Theater

Anyhow, what I wanted to ask is for people that sent two players to the Riverdale NJ Samsung repair facility.  Did they send them back to you in separate packages or both together?

I sent 2 identical units (BD-JM57C/ZA) in seperate packages.  I have been updated that both have been repaired at almost the same time on 07/01/20.  Samsung provided UPS tracking numbers for both.  But only one is showing that it has been shipped back to me, scheduled to arrive at my address on Monday 07/06/20.   The second unit's tracking number shows that it is waiting for UPS to pick it up at Samsung repair facility Riverdale NJ for 2 days now.  I called Samsung and they tell me the second unit has been shipped also, but the tracking does not show that to be the case.  They told me to call the repair facility and gave me a phone number.  No answer, voice mail box is full, can't leave a message.

So maybe they sent them back in one box and discarded the other UPS label?

0 Likes
userh3xyJOqV9S
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The UPS tracking was never accurate for my player- which did arrive today.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

Anyhow, what I wanted to ask is for people that sent two players to the Riverdale NJ Samsung repair facility.  Did they send them back to you in separate packages or both together?

I sent 2 identical units (BD-JM57C/ZA) in seperate packages.  I have been updated that both have been repaired at almost the same time on 07/01/20.  Samsung provided UPS tracking numbers for both.  But only one is showing that it has been shipped back to me, scheduled to arrive at my address on Monday 07/06/20.   The second unit's tracking number shows that it is waiting for UPS to pick it up at Samsung repair facility Riverdale NJ for 2 days now.  I called Samsung and they tell me the second unit has been shipped also, but the tracking does not show that to be the case.  They told me to call the repair facility and gave me a phone number.  No answer, voice mail box is full, can't leave a message.

I have 2 blu-ray players in for repair (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700). I got a couple texts Wednesday stating they had been received at the service center. When I checked the status of the tickets later that day they both stated "We are preparing to ship out your repaired unit.". Thursday I received a text stating the 5100 had been shipped. The status of that ticket has changed to "Your repaired unit will be delivered soon.". Following the UPS tracking link showed a scheduled delivery date of Monday July 6. I am hoping they both arrive Monday packed in a single box that I am tracking. Based on people's eperiences posted in the original tread, it seems they have been somewhat inconsistent on status change notifications.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@mcw53 wrote:

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

I have 2 blu-ray players in for repair (BD-J5100 & BD-J5700). I got a couple texts Wednesday stating they had been received at the service center. When I checked the status of the tickets later that day they both stated "We are preparing to ship out your repaired unit.". Thursday I received a text stating the 5100 had been shipped. The status of that ticket has changed to "Your repaired unit will be delivered soon.". Following the UPS tracking link showed a scheduled delivery date of Monday July 6. I am hoping they both arrive Monday packed in a single box that I am tracking. Based on people's eperiences posted in the original tread, it seems they have been somewhat inconsistent on status change notifications.

My status says "preparing to ship repaired unit" but got a phone call from Samsung today saying that my repair has been delayed because they apparently do need some part to fix it.  He said it might take until 7/15 before they can repair.

Strangely I also just got an email telling me they had NOT received my unit yet.

Think their system has some issues.

MoparDude
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It takes about two weeks for the process. I shipped my two units (separate RMAs) via UPS Monday, June 28 (using pre-paid labels provided by Samsung) and received them today (Tuesday, July 7) from the Riverdale, NJ location. This time frame spanned the 4th of July weekend, so others may experience a shorter window. They also delivered the units in separate packages. The UPS tracking info they provide, accurately  provided delivery date info.

I applaud Samsung for fixing the boot loop problem for my two out of warranty bluray players.

userO4de6TNkS9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I got a text from Samsung stating my device had been received. 2 days later I got an email l reminding me to ship my device and that it had not been received yet. When I click the link in the text it shows unit has been delivered, says "We are preparing to ship out your repaired unit"...but it's now almost a week after they received it and it still says the same thing so now I'm worried they lost track of it. I chatted with customer support and they just passed the buck onto the service center and said to call them. 

0 Likes