Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userGupwGxiphl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I add my name to the growing list of people having the reboot issues with the Blu-ray issues. Mine shows the main menu and immediately reboots, the disk tray tries to open at the same time. Please help!

user4Tw9zpIOWP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
This is Dr.Thomas from Dindigul. Am the one of samsung prime customer. 

I have HT-J5550K/XT samsung blueray home theatre system. Purchased this product on Sep 2018. 

I used to connect this device with internet coz its a smart device using which my kids will learn lot.

From 18-6-2020 afternoon we had an update. after the update my system is not working properly. it shows Load / No disc error. its a kind of cycling boot loop error happened after software update.

I can't switch it on, or even play sound from my TV, cos it is in kind of starting loop. Menu at TV just appear for 1 sec and then disappear, and message at HT just display loading / no disc around and around forever 

It is kinda not possible to reset anything since you cant go in to menu, resetting by stop button does not work as well.  so it seems to be a software / firmware issue I suppose.

i surfed across internet. Many number of samsung users reported the same issue. Even from UK, US and netherland, sumsung office agreed to service. But in india, it is not yet started. from North india i guess 10 users have raised the same issue. 

Pls take a look into this problem and solve it. Its not a board problem its a software issue coz of fake update. you can not perform soft or hard reset. 

if this issue is not solved definitely you will lose customers. 

Am waiting for your reply
userzrsCtW4qDa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I m frm kolkata, India. Yes, i m facing same issue since 18/06/20. My HT-J5550K /XL has stuck in endless boot loop. Services Engineer visited on 19/06/20 & referred for paid motherboard replacement only. I agreed to do it but the said parts had been out of stock & its availability will ever b possible also not known  to company either. Today, when i again enquired & tried to inform the case as a global issue worldwide, they refuse to accept & acknowledge the fact. I asked for " IS it a genuine Hardware malfunctioning or Software error issue"?? They stand for hardware replacement only which  will never happen,  as for production or importing of motherboard had been stopped by company itself. In US/ Canada / UK ...samsung  has acknowledge the fact & already (fixing the issue) free of cost with upgrading  patch files with new firmware. INDIA stand alone with 'No Solution/ No fix' in this issue. Thanks Samsung u really nailed it.  You don't care for losing genuine customers in india. 

userO4de6TNkS9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

There are already multiple threads about this. Why create another? Your problem isn't any different or more important than the thousands of others that have posted.

The solution is it needs to be fixed in person. If it isn't offered in your area yet, either wait or reach out to Samsung directly to try and arrange repair. It was not a new firmware update that caused this as my unit hasn't had an update since 2017 was affected, it was an expiring SSL certificate.

userzrsCtW4qDa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Malfunctioning due to "Expiring of SSL certificate" need to be acknowledge by samsung india, which they refused to accept. They referred to Main PCB/ Motherboard replacement only whc will remain out of stock for ever  due to stopped import / production. Therefore, the problem stucked here  in india due to wrong detection of the issue only. As the moment Samsung 'acknowledge the issue'  as Expiring of SSL certificate & not 'Motherboard Replacement' ... I believe issue will be solved as other countries doing. But Samsung india is prescribing it as "motherboard (hardware)  malfunctioning & its replacement only". So, i m afraid such 'wrong detection'  won't solve the issue if not changed. 

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userO4de6TNkS9 wrote:

There are already multiple threads about this. Why create another? Your problem isn't any different or more important than the thousands of others that have posted.

The problem is that the Samsung moderators locked the original thread. And as soon as a new thread gains traction, the moderators merge it into the locked thread. This action is obviously meant to squelch discussion on the topic. This thread is different. You need to read the original post; it is specifically about the problem (and lack of solution) that our friends in India are having. I'm afraid this thread will soon be locked also.

0 Likes
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same problem and started a  thread a week ago. it stopped working on 19 June 2020.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/m-...

I even tweeted this but just the same reply hardware problem which is not the case.
https://mobile.twitter.com/enggsatya/status/1274034192553177090

0 Likes
user5zD5x4sxwD
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I can no longer access my apps on this device, is there a simple solution.

userfxbPIBeJTf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung Blu Ray BD-JM57 display coming and going and not stable.

Anybody can help me about this issue 

0 Likes
userIufB2zk9Ui
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I cannot get my rear speakers to work on my samsung HT-J5500 3D blu-ray home theater system plus youtube will no longer load up , every thing worked great on it until samsung sent a bad update code and it started power looping so i had to send it in for repair and my unit has not been the same since

0 Likes