cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userJxPXfeuNzX
Asteroid

BluRay player won't allow access to apps

I have a UBD-M8500/ZA blu-ray player which has a number of apps installed for Netflix, Amazon, etc.  This is the only way I can play apps through my home theater sound system.  Yesterday the blu-ray player stopped allowing access to the apps.  When it is turned on, it now shows a screen saying to insert disk, and no longer responds to the remote to go to the bottom of the screen to run any of the apps.  Disks still play fine.

How can I restore things back to what they were, so when the blu-ray player starts I have a choice to insert a disk or to access the various installed apps??

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: BluRay player won't allow access to apps

Was this purchased in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJxPXfeuNzX
Asteroid

Yes, it was purchased in US about 2 years ago.  Apps worked fine until a few days ago

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is the current software/firmware version the BluRay is running?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJxPXfeuNzX
Asteroid

Actually I think its the remote - one of the batteries has exploded.  I've replaced batteries and tried to clean up the remote but it still doesn't work.  Can you provide a link or a model no. for a replacement remote for the Samsung UBD-M8500/ZA 4K Blu-Ray Player?  Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can order a new remote at www.samsungparts.com Smiley Happy