cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCRiTzmNRO1
Asteroid

Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an HW-MS650.  Manually, I initially set it up on a 2.4 GHz network; however, that was sub-optimal (the pc multiroom app did not see any Content Players).  I then connected to a 5.0 GHz network (fixed problem).  However, whenever I either restart the router or the soundbar, the system reverts to the 2.4 GHz network (and I have to manually reset). 

Question:  How do I delete the 2.4 GHz information from the Soundbar so that it will automatically connect to my 5.0 GHz wifi?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While the unit is powered on, press and hold both the Vol+ and Vol- buttons simultaneously for about 6-10 seconds.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While the unit is powered on, press and hold both the Vol+ and Vol- buttons simultaneously for about 6-10 seconds.

userCRiTzmNRO1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Perfect. Thanks!
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome!

Travis299
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with no WIFI connection with my MS650 soundbar.  My remote does NOT have a vol+ & vol- but a single bar with 3 function of mute & vol up/down.  When I use source button to select WIFI I get a scrolling message of "need to connet WIFI"  My MS650 is connected to a LG 65B OLED TV and the sound is great through the HDMI/ARC cable.   MS650 powers up/down with TV remote & TV remote controls MS650 vol.  I would like to ckeck the firmware version of my MS650.  My U-Verse RG has both 2.4GHz & 5GHz and I have multiple devices connected to it.  I cannot find the MS650 using the Samsung Multiroom APP on my IPAD Mini 4 or see it using my laptop.  Thanks & any help would really be appreciated.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usero36fmOfi9I, have you installed the Multiroom app on your phone?

Travis299
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the multiroom APP installed on my IPAD Mini4 which is connected to my WIFI network BUT I cannot find my MS650.  I can also install the APP on an iPhone 6 if necessary.

Travis299
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get the same result with the Multiroom APP installed on the iPhone, "your speakers cannot be found"

I appreciate your help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you try connecting to the app, have you tried pressing the Wi-Fi SETUP on the back of the unit?

Travis299
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After messing with the controls/switches on the end of the MS650 I got it working per your instructions.  I can't thank you enough for your help as I really appreciate it.  I don't know how my ID was setup but I didn't input the name for this forum and/or how to change it!  

Again thank you for your help!  How do I input kudos for you as you deserve a BUNCH???