Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried these steps in order?

Pre-connection Checklist

1. Confirm that your Samsung smart TV was released after 2014. This function is compatible only with Samsung smart TVs released after 2014. 2. Make sure your Wireless router (Wi-Fi) is ready and working.

3. Make sure that the TV is connected to the Wireless router (your Wi-Fi network).

Step 1 : Connecting the Soundbar to Wi-Fi 1. Press the (Source) button on the right side of the Soundbar or on the remote control to select “WIFI” mode.

• When using a Samsung smart TV released in 2016 or 2017,

– If you select “WIFI” mode when the TV is turned on, the TV screen displays a pop-up window providing instructions on how to automatically connect the Soundbar to a wireless router (Wi-Fi). Refer to instructions in the pop-up window of TV. WIFI

2. Connect your mobile device (smartphone, tablet etc.) to the Wi-Fi network the TV is connected to.

3. Install and launch the Samsung Multiroom app on your mobile device (smartphone, tablet etc.). Samsung Multiroom app Android iOS

4. Follow the instructions in the app screen on the mobile device to connect the Soundbar to your Wi-Fi network.

Step 2 : Configuring Settings on the TV

• If the TV disconnects from your wireless network after you change the input source to the Soundbar, use the TV menu to connect the TV to the network again.

For TVs released in 2017

1. Home menu --> Settings --> Sound --> Sound Output --> Select [AV] Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

2. The Soundbar outputs TV sound.

For TVs released in 2016

1. Home menu --> Settings --> Sound --> Sound Output --> Select [AV] Samsung Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

For TVs released in 2015

1. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker List --> Select [AV] Samsung Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

For TVs released in 2014

1. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker Settings --> Select Multiroom Link - Settings --> Soundbar+Surround.

2. From the Soundbar menu item, select “[AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650” and then select “OK”.

3. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker Settings --> Select TV Sound Output --> Multiroom Link 

4. The Soundbar outputs TV sound.

NOTES

• The TV and Soundbar must be connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).

• If your wireless router (Wi-Fi) uses a DFS channel, you will not be able to to establish a Wi-Fi connection between the TV and Soundbar. Contact your Internet service provider for details.

userA70EiqyrCs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I tried the differents options and it doesn't work for me.

My TV is a 65Q8C and it doesn't detect the soundbar.

Do you have any idea?

Frederic

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA70EiqyrCs, How are you connected to the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userCSelPxS8Cs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jumping on this thread . I can't connect to wifi either... Tv is connected, but soundbar wont connect no matter what I try... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userCSelPxS8Cs, do you have the same model? Are you using the multiroom app?

userCSelPxS8Cs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello... I have a HW-MS6500. My tv ( Samsung UE65KS9000)  picks up the soundbar to connect to the network, but it fails to connect... I have also tried the Samsung multiroom app, but it fails to connect with hat also.  Also I can't get my tv remote to adjust the volume.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userCSelPxS8Cs, regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks!

user87z7POqZhQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear all, please help me to connect my smart tv samsung uef7000 to ms650 via bluetooth.

userIUW596C3bF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Truly, beyond frustrating!

I just got my MS6500 and did exactly as instructed in the setup manual.  Instructions came on the TV, connected fine.  I am now disconnected and cannot reconnect.  I have tried everything - no luck.  TV says that I am unable to connect to the soundbar via wifi.  How frustrating!

Help Please

I am ready to return the unit - seriously...

userIUW596C3bF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED:  I reset all settings and went through the complete setup of the TV and it finally reconnected with the soundbar.  Whew!