cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIUW596C3bF
Constellation

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WiFi disconnected again.  I have researched the web, tried to follow every link I find to assist.  No help.  I am giving this soundbar 3x days - then she is packed up and returned.

deanclean
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem.  Tv is Samsung h7100 and just got the ms650 soundbar.  I was messing around with it for 2 days until i found a solution.  It had to do with my router.  I found a post somewhere on line that the sound bar tries to connect to wifi using 2.4GHz and it needs to connect via 5.0GHz.  I am no expert so this may not make sense but it connects everytime now with the multiroom app.  I had to go into my router settings and dissable the 2.4GHz channel.  Once I did this it connected to wifi no problem.  I then went back into the router settings and re enabled the 2.4GHz channel because other things connect to it I guess.  It now connects and there are no problems.  I hope this helps someone.

Travis299
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new Samsung HW-MS650/ZA Soundbar would not connect to WI-FI & I sent it in to Samsung for repair. They replaced the Network-WYLAN Client and the Main HW PCB Assembly and returned the unit in 2 days. Outstanding service but UPS ground took 4 days each way. This fixed the WI-FI connection problem and the soundbar can now function as a stand alone speaker in addition being connected to my LG 65B OLED TV via HDMI/ACR cable. Samsung CS really did a great job with online help and repair assistance. Kudos to these folks who easy to deal with. The unit connected online and updated the firmware to version 1145.1 The LG TV remote controls the volume & on/off of the MS650.

Radgie
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Can't get it to connect to WiFi, no matter what.

App finds the soundbar, unable to connect to WiFi. Alternate method allows me to connect to Soundbar Wifi but when you return to the App, nothing happens. Stuck with the continue button greyed out.

I don't get anything appear on the TV screen - does Soundbar have to be connected via HDMI for this to happen? I currently have it connected via Optical cable so as not to use up a HDMI input as there are only 3. I've tried the TV connected to the network Wired and Wireless. No difference.

Will try disabling the 2.4 GHz WiFi channel on the router tonight and retry. The power off/on thing made no difference.

Seems enough people are having this problem for Samsung to investigate, surely?

Dave.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend repairs on the unit. If you would like more information, you can send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxaim6K2IGi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes we have all the same problems after trying all suggestions! Very frustrating!
Liz
userOfrwkdCrXy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, then i tried smartthings app this worked the first time. Once the soundbar is connected multiroom is also connected

userxaim6K2IGi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We never get the pop up on our tv after turning soundbar on WiFi!  Tv is connected to WiFi.  Any help appreciated 

thanks

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get the full model number of the unit in question?