cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2rUzeGIJPD
Constellation

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a WiFi-problem with that soundbar too. It keeps connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi instead of the 2.4 Ghz that I wish to have it connected to. I have figured out, that if I put my mobile phone on the 2.4 Ghz network before setting up the soundbar, it connects to 2.4 Ghz, but suddenly it is connected to the 5 Ghz instead. How do I force it to stay on 2.4 Ghz?

usere7dWlytQHA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, I tried everything else here.  I ended up just needing to make sure I was broadcasting my WiFi SSID, and not hiding it.  I was then able to get the soundbar to connect without an issue.

ChuckNorrisAF78
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this soundbar for about a year and a half. 

HW-MS650 Sound+ Premium Sound-bar

i just realized my Warranty service ran out late last year.

I also can not connect via Wi-Fi, either through the App, or through my TV,  Samsung QN55Q7FAM, by no means a cheap TV.

I was successfully able to have my sound bar connect via Wi-Fi one time, and then gave the same message of “unable to connect to Internet” or some other random garbage.  It has not been able to connect since then. 

I have attempted EVERY suggested troubleshooting addressed in this thread multiple times.  My Soundbar will not connect, will not update. 

I am am beyond disappointed there is no true and realistic work around that has been directed by Samsung.  If there is, please direct me to it!!!!

usereMkEziWpfA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I just boight a MS651 soundbar. I would like to connect it with the Multiroom app. but I can’t.

Two behavior, most of the time after selecting « wifi »

on the soundbar, i see « need to connect wifi » on the soundbar. I open MultiRoom app, and cant find the soundbar at all...

Once, the app find the bar and asked me the password of my wifi network. I entered it but nothing happen, i had an error and then tje bar displayed « disconnected ».

note my tv is not a sart tv.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereMkEziWpfA   Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ChuckNorrisAF78
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLou 

Model: HW-MS650

Model Code: HW-MS650/ZA

S/N [REDACTED]

Manufactured / 2017.04

Thank you for reaching out back to me 2 months later after I posted my initial response.  I believe you are in error that this is a Non-US model.  I purchased this in late 2017 before the Holday rush from a Best Buy in North Dakota.  My tag is not foreign, and it is in fact a US Model.  I have followed ALL the recomended troubleshooting directions and have attempted to recreate what other people found as a successful route.    1.  I noticed that your current App version is probaby in need of some TLC.   2. It's obvious the lifecycle of products is six months, and then you move on, hoping and praying that alot of issues dont pop up.  3.  Its frustrating to put money towards a name brand product, only to get a half *** support when people address a serious concern about something they WANT to keep.   ??