JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't turn off closed caption

(Topic created: 01-18-2023 09:02 PM)
JerryAtSFS
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung UHDTV Series 7 TV with Closed Captions being displayed. I want to turn it off, but none of the options under Captions in Settings Accessibility seem to work, including the Captions Off option. Is there another way to turn CC off?

3 Replies
fuzzee
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Had the same problem, my girlfriend took the remote that's to Directv and went to settings and then audio and fixed it.
Good luck!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I would first like to welcome you to the community! Thank you so much for reaching out. I completely understand your concerns with the tv not being able to turn the closed captions off. I'll be delighted to assist with this issue. To turn captions off you can try the following: 

1. From the Home screen, use the directional pad on the TV Remote and select Settings (All Settings).
2. Select General (General & Privacy), and then select Accessibility.

3. Select Caption Settings, and then select Caption to turn captions On. Select it again to turn them Off.

If the issue still occurs for further assistance I recommend calling Samsung support directly at 1-800-726-7864.

Options
HD and UHD TVs
Had that problem last week with my UHD 43-inch Samsung smart TV. Had to use the remote associated with my cable box which is dish