Original topic:

Connect Q70T soundbar to 65KU7000TV

(Topic created on: 3/14/21 5:58 AM)
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,
I need your help to connect the soundbar HW-Q70T to the TV  65KU7000, both from Samsung.The soundbar is 3 months old and TV - 4 years.

When I purchased the soundbar, I successfully connected it to the TV and everything worked.As of one-week ago, they disconnected and I have no success in reconnecting. Moreover, before that, turning on the TV would turn on the soundbar too. Now the soundbar can be turned on only with its remote or by touching the power-on label on its top.

Additionally, the soundbar shows "Offline" in the Smarthings app, and all the attempts to get it Online were unsuccessful.

I'll give the full details and I would have added also photos to support my words, but couldn't figure out how to add the photos.

The soundbar port HDMI (eARC/ARC) is connected to the TV HDMI/ARC port via the HDMI cable which came with the soundbar.I have and can send 2 photos of the connection to the ports.

On the TV, the  Aynet+ (HDMI+CEC) is On (I also have a photo showing this and can send it).
On the TV, the HDMI Audio Format and the Audio format are set to PCM (photo available)

On the TV, In the Sound menu, I see 3 options (photo availble):  -TV speaker  -[AV] Samsung Soundbar Q70T (WiFi)  -Audio Out/Optical.
When I choose the  [AV] Samsung Soundbar Q70T (WiFi), it will show on that line the little sign with "dancing" bar but no sound from the Soundbar.
It looks to me like they attempt to connect via WiFi, because as far as I recollect, before that, when everything worked fine, there was no (WiFi) written near the Q70T and now there is.The TV does NOT support wireless speakers.

Can you help me to get everything back to work, please?

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

What is the current software version on the television? Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

1. I tried to do a software update but I got the notification that the software version is up to date.
2. I couldn't find in the Setup menu of the TV an overall Factory Reset option, so I went to the Sound submenu and did a reset there. Nothing helped, still the same as described in my previous message.
3. In my humble opinion, the soundbar is the culprit and not the TV. Please remember that the Smarthings app on the phone says that the soundbar is offline, although it's ON.
4. As I wrote in my previous message, the Sound output options appearing on the TV Setup menu shows [AV] Samsung Soundbar Q70T (WiFi), while, per my best recollection, before that, when everything was working, there was no "WiFi" in the text, if I remember correctly. Please also remember that the TV does NOT support wireless sound.
5. I tried also to enable/disable the WiFi of the soundbar by pressing for 30 sec on the IDCODE button underneath, as indicated in the soundbar manual. Nothing helped, still everything the same. By the way, should I do this (press 30sec) when the soundbar is ON or when it's OFF?
6. I tried also to start everything "from cold", by disconnecting the TV and the soundbar from power and reconnecting. Nothing helped, no change.

I'd highly appreciate if you can help me to get it back working. Again, it looks to me that the problem is in the soundbar and has to do with its WiFi, but this is your call.

Thank you

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Any answer, please?

I received just an automatic mail asking me whether the answer received solved my problem, which obviously didn't.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team. They can be reached at 866-813-2404 or emailed at support@smartthings.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Maybe I will contact them, although I don't think that the issue is related to Smarthings, but to the soundbar itself. Moreover, I really don't care very much that Smarthings is not recognizing the Soundbar, because even when it worked, its capabilities of control were insignificant and I personally don't regard it as a useful tool.
HOWEVER, I want to make clear that my main problem is that the soundbar is not connecting to the TV, several months after it connected. Please do me a favor and read thoroughly my explanations and description. I did my best to give full details and I'd highly appreciate if you can try to investigate them.
I'll re-mention one of the points:
On the TV, In the Sound menu, I see 3 options (photo available):  -TV speaker  -[AV] Samsung Soundbar Q70T (WiFi)  -Audio Out/Optical. When I choose the  [AV] Samsung Soundbar Q70T (WiFi), it will show on that line the little sign with "dancing" bar but no sound from the Soundbar. It looks to me like they attempt to connect via WiFi, because as far as I recollect, before that, when everything worked fine, there was no (WiFi) written near the Q70T and now there is. The TV which I have does NOT support wireless speakers.
Can you, please guide what to do?

0 Likes
usert3dp6dVBN3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't exactly have your setup (I do have your soundbar),  you wrote:

The soundbar port HDMI (eARC/ARC) is connected to the TV HDMI/ARC port via the HDMI cable which came with the soundbar.

On the TV, the HDMI Audio Format and the Audio format are set to PCM (photo available)

Since you are using an HDMI cable, when the soundbar is on it should show HDMI and then TV DVI - it shouldn't show Wi-Fi (I don't know why it's showing Wi-Fi)

Also I have set my TV's HDMI Audio Format to "pass through" which works for me.

Hopefully these suggestions might help . . . 

0 Likes