cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

Curved Soundbar HW-M4500/ZA impossible to update from USB

Hi everyone,

I am trying desperately to update the formware of ,y curved soundbar. It's a model that can only be updated by USB. I've been following the instructions from Samsung's website but the message that I get from the soundbar is always the same: "No Data".

I know that the USB port works fine (I can hear songs) but if I delete data and unzip the formware's ROM the system doesn't recognizes anything on the USB stick.

Any hints?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Curved Soundbar HW-M4500/ZA impossible to update from USB

If the USB is using FAT32 and is on the root of the drive and you still get No Data, the software is up to date.

Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

Well, I never updated the firmware before and I have been using the soundbar for 2 years. The latest update in the website is from April 2019 ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-curved-soundbar-w-wireless-subwoofer-hw-m4500 ) so definetly my soundbar is utilizing an old software.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a smaller flash drive? Is the drive empty except for the update?

Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

I am using an USB penn with a capacity of 4Gb, formated in Fat 32 and empty (except for the unzipped ROM in the main root). I've tried to do different formats but all the times it reads No Data

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried placing the rom in a folder of the same name or using NTFS?

Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

Yes, I did try all possible variances.

Tomorrow I will try to buy a more modern usb pen and I'll post the results here.

Thanks for your help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No problem! Please keep us posted.

Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

Good morning.  I went ahead and tried to utilize a new USB stick. Unfortunately the results are the same:  When inserted into the soundbar and selected USB as source the display of the soundbar reads "READING ....  NO DATA".

I've tried to restart the soundbar. Unplugged it from the electrical outled and waited, even did a reset but nothing seems to work.

Anyone has the same issue?