Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SVEVO ROMANO
Cosmic Ray

DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Dear Samsung,

You have made a little step forward when you add the dts 5.1 support with the latest 3114 firmware... why stop now?

You can made this product PERFECT by this small improvement, so c'mon... let's do this!!!

253 REPLIES 253
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

We will forward your suggestion accordingly.

SVEVO ROMANO
Cosmic Ray

sounds like a promise! isn't it Smiley Wink?

userBbRIiuHpgD
Constellation

Yes, let's really hope so!

user3Pt2b8DyOW
Asteroid

"We will forward your suggestion accordingly." 

Can you please forward another request for this, I know everyone who has purchased this soundbar is a higher end user and wants this feature. 

userDlwFN7uMtZ
Asteroid

I concur.
userDlwFN7uMtZ
Asteroid

I agree. I purchased this product and I would love to have the option to toggle between Dolby Atmos and DTS X
userEATPKeIVIZ
Cosmic Ray

Samsung, for those of us who purchased the K950, please don't penalize us by not giving us a firmware update with DTS-X/HD.  Samsung, you obviously are capable on the software side as it appears with the new N950, so just give us the firmware update to allow DTS-X/HD.  If we want "side speakers", we will go buy the new unit.  But those of us who have recently purchased the K950 who are satisfied with the 5.1.4 (as compared to the 7.1.4 with the new N950) setup and want to get some years of life out of the K950, please allow us to listen to DTS-X/HD sound.

userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

It's interesting that Samsung so far refuse to add support for a sound format like DTS-HD Master Audio.

Perhaps Samsung doesn't think it is used enough to be worth the time to add support.

I mean, it has only been one of the most used sound formats on BD-discs since 2010....

user22djxOjmU7
Constellation

Any more updates Samsung? Keen to learn when we can expect the new firmware update or confirmation at least that DTS-X support is possible and being considered?