cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEUSSzbpvLA
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

So we're confined to a Pretty Good AV system. The low volume satellite rear speakers for regular audio many complain about... (these are Dolby Atmos surround rears, meaning they are active and very loud during DA active scenes as they are designed to do).  Remember that this is not a Passive AV system, so the rears are not going to run continually and as a result, will push background sound only on non DA tracks.

But yes it does have it's short comings. There is the lack of DTS-X, LPCM ... blah blah blah which is not a huge deal, most streaming is DA, and so newer Movies BluRayB are DA and DTSX  track capable.  Most of us that actually  did the research and cruised the AV forums for intel as well knew the current specs and shortcomings before purchase.

A dead horse is being beaten brutally over these gripes that aren't going to happen.

Yes, myself... like the crowd here hoped for updates with significant changes and was a little disappointed when they did not arrive, and am fairly certain that major updates couldnt be passed  OTA anyway. That being said, I am still satisfied with the AV system sound for movie/TV watching. I get Dolby Atmos  sound through the A Prime app which is cool, not a huge problem for me when it's not passed through by Netflix. For this system I paid $750 brand New BTW

I think most of this AV system audio short comings; could have been over looked by many, if this AV system was Passive instead of Active,  or even dual. None the less, it's a decent System and does what it was designed to do. 

Psy3d
Constellation

I like HW-K950 even with it's shortcomings like rear speakers do cut out randomly and that very low static noise in'em. I checked the N950 and it seems to be an exact copy of K950 in terms of issues. I'm in aus right now and the store demo(in good guys) had exact same rear speakers bombing out for few seconds after in first 10 minutes of Blade Runner 2049...and just upgrading for DTS-X it doesn't warrant another purchase for me. 

I wish they fix up the firmware for K950...right now I can't connect my PC directly to the soundbar anymore since it will not output vid/audio since the firmware update.  DTS-X support is welcome but highly unlikely they will do it since it will definitely cannibalize the sales for N950 which feels/sounds like a K950 with very minimum changes while retaining almost the same issues.

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

yeah this soundbar must need DTS X the most Ultra Hd Blurays dont support dolby atmos Smiley Sad

userK08bZJHY99
Constellation

I see that the avsforum dot com buyers guide with content provided by Samsung mentions DTS X now.  Hopefully this means that they will be updating it to DTS:X.

Admins, any idea?

userA9dXJmhFWY
Asteroid

It does indeed! DTS:X all over the place:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

Maybe they are going to mention something about it on CES. And not just release another top model with better support ...

userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

Didn't that text include DTS:X from the start? It could just be an error that they haven't corrected (let's hope not).

userK08bZJHY99
Constellation

No - it was just recently added to the front page of avsforum.com  This is the first I have seen mention of DTS:X and the HW-K950 provided by Samsung directly.

Since CES is this week, hopefully this is a good sign.  Not sure what else they would release for high end - the latest soundbar is a 700 series, but you never know.

Highlighted
userSo0UJAg62u
Constellation

Im just wondering if there is going to be DTS X support, is K950 geting LPCM support as well?

userLIIoGqb9Ol
Asteroid

Thank you Samsung dts update. Now please a dtsx update. I can understand Samsung not wanting to support Dolby vision. But as one of the few high end soundbars with rears and 4 up firing speakers it is ridiculous not to now at least support dtsx. It seems in the Samsung promoted flyer on avs fourms now mentioning dts once could be a mistake but all through the marketing description is inexcusable error on behalf of your proof reader or total deception . Especially .to buyers that are on the edge of purchasing and now will. Samsung seems very por in communicating with loyal costumes . If it's not happening just lay it on the line. What's the big deal. 

userA9dXJmhFWY
Asteroid

I just can't understand how hard it is for a company to give an official comment on things. And especially on information they have put out there themselves.