Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user23LD9oE2PZ
Asteroid

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the reply.

It seemed convenient. No wires, no receiver.
Disappointing really. I’ll go back to drawing board and do some more research.
I
userSo0UJAg62u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think K950 is great soundbar and Im very satisfied customer. Most of the discussion here is written by people who are a bit too heavy users with high demands. For users who use streaming services to watch movies/series K950 is perfect, because all the big services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) are using Dolby codecs. To being honest I think that 4k Blu-Ray and normal Blu-Ray are both dying formats. Future of movies and series surround sound is with Dolby and I think there is much room for DTS-X. At the moment Im really waiting to get Dolby Atmos support for Apple 4K tv, that is going to be a game changer. Also I need to say that K950 is very good for gaiming (At least PS4)

userIJWYyPsJZ1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah okay, everyone else with documented, reproducible issues (on every K950) is clearly too heavy a user for this top of the range sound bar. Smiley Surprised

Perhaps all of those people have been using the equipment incorrectly this whole time, where were you to tell them?

usergd3hgcYkhm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The sound bar is amazing but PS can't do it justice. Has Dolby Atmos support, but only for Blu-ray. Using this one the Xbox One X is just amazing. Dolby Atmos support through out the entire system.

I've experienced a few problems with the sound bar myself, but mostly due to my little brother clicking things on the TV or sound at he doesn't understand trying to switch inputs.

My biggest problem with the soundbar is how it auto turns off when it doesn't detect sound. Using a headset in the PS4, after 5 minutes go by, the soundbar would just turn off out of nowhere.

userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSo0UJAg62u wrote:

I think K950 is great soundbar and Im very satisfied customer. Most of the discussion here is written by people who are a bit too heavy users with high demands. For users who use streaming services to watch movies/series K950 is perfect, because all the big services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) are using Dolby codecs. To being honest I think that 4k Blu-Ray and normal Blu-Ray are both dying formats. Future of movies and series surround sound is with Dolby and I think there is much room for DTS-X. At the moment Im really waiting to get Dolby Atmos support for Apple 4K tv, that is going to be a game changer. Also I need to say that K950 is very good for gaiming (At least PS4)

Sure, there are a lot of people here with high demands. And that is to expected when the soundbar costs 1 500 USD or more. The issue here is that Samsung deliberately limits the soundbar and denies it's customers the best they could get from it.

- Do you believe DTS-HD Master Audio is a high demand? A format that has been widely available on Blu-ray since 2010.

- Do you believe LPCM 5.1 is a high demand? A surround sound format used with Apple TV 4K, Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 / 4 Pro. You won't get the best uncompressed sound-quality from you PS4.

- Do you believe RGB-supprt is a high demand? Limiting HW-K950 to YCbCr 4:2:0 is unjustified by Samsung. On all levels of lazy development. And you won't get the best image-quality from you PS4.

- Do you believe fixing all issues with disconnecting of speakers and noise is a high demand?

The list is longer, but I will stop there. There is just so many limitations imposed by Samsung for no apparent reason at all. 

userLIIoGqb9Ol
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very well said. I believe anything above 2.0 might be a hardware limitation on this 2 year old model as well as a more advanced pass through. But I see no reason why Samsung cannot give us dis hd and dtsx or at least reply to our requests in a decent and professional manner. After all we are not talking about neucleuar secreats or national security. They are still running a guide on homepage of the abs forum stating it has dtsx

userLIIoGqb9Ol
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The n970 and n850 with both atmos and dtsx announced 2018 ces on avs fourm

Highlighted
userDlwFN7uMtZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userGF6YBfpa5z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this good news for existing HW-K950 users?

Samsung are releasing a new product, not updating the existing one ie HW-K950.

Hardware update, not software.

Still no DTS-HDMA for HW-K950...

user0Om9kMfroA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

in fact it is actually bad news. They released a new version with two additioanl speakers but more importantly with DTS-X, and they increased the price. I would be amazed to see they would now add that support to the old version, as then there is no reason to buy the more expensive one. So we now know the reason why there is ZERO feedback from samsung, it will never happen. DTS-X support and Dolby atmos over ARC will never arive to this version, they just hope we will buy the new one...