cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userF6b0pheGJ2
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do we need 2 object-based audio formats anyway ? 

It's not like we can hear the difference between them. Just stick with one format !!!

And then they wonder why certain 4k DTS:X movies don't sell enough, what a joke !!! Maybe because the majority of the end users don't have DTS:X capable hardware ?!!

I didn't buy several 4k movies just for this reason and I suspect I'm not the only one !!

Every brand should be forced by Dolby and DTS to sell their hardware to support both formats, if you ask me.

Now, end-users are seeking to buy a system that supports both formats because otherwise they miss out on several movies.

Another solution would be putting both formats on the discs. That way they reach all the end-users.

I'm guessing reaching all end-users is not their priority.

But who am I ???

user3xDTQysPKx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Surely there are people that can program since samsung is open source we can program new firmware update with all supports for all formats without waiting on Samsung's charity

Stoich
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, we are still waiting quietly and patiently for our DTSX and DTS Master firmware update. We would love to hear some good news from you guys soon. I do believe in you guys. I am one of your guys proud advocates for your Solid State Championships. I am also the owner of a Q9F65, K-950, K-850, just recently add two s9+. All my storage on my PC 960evo 500gb,950pro 512gb, two 1tb 850 evos.

Please Samsung don't let me down. 

user9gtQPdv9jN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I posted this before, but Samsung is great at making hardware, and terrible at making software. I assume their budget for software development is miniscule. 

userF6b0pheGJ2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, is there any update regarding....well, the update. Smiley Wink

lartomar2002
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck,  I think they want everyone that wants the DTS-X format will fork out the $1600+ for the "N" model. Maybe after it does not sell very well will they issue a update for the "950" that will include the DTS-X, hopefully. 

Highlighted
user07S792GEDp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been following the forum for some time now, I've got the same problems many other owners have.

Disconnecting speakers, need for resetting soundbar not getting an image and or sound.

Nevertheless I do think it's a great soundbar, it shines when playing ATMOS, (truehd). 

But why o why is it missing one of the most used codecs, DTS-HDMA (dts:x).

To be honest, I bought mine used for €750,- 6 months ago, I would've never paid €1500,- for this soundbar.
Samsung needs to step up and support more codecs, especially one of the most used like DTS-HDMA (dts:x).

Decent hardware sh*tty software IMHO.

user29DlUZ6seD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've since I wrote last time returned my unit due to DTS:X not being added, but mostly due to the bad support we get here.<br><br>By far the worst product community. 0 sync between mods and Samsung Tech teams, it seems.
user3Pt2b8DyOW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"We will forward your suggestion accordingly." 

Can you please forward another request for this, I know everyone who has purchased this soundbar is a higher end user and wants this feature. 

userIa6KXQ9io4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an update where this request stands? A comment from Samsung would be beneficial. The sound system was quite expensive, and it would really show a commitment to the customers willing to push these technologies forward as early adopters.