cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdKjpmkZuA2
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure they can and no doubt all of the other problems could be fixed too, it's all software related.

But they won't. Why would they spend time and resources fixing problems in a now outdated product when those issues have been rectified in the new version? This isn't how Samsung works mate, they have absolutely zero ambition to keep customers on older platforms happy unless the issue relates to a Galaxy product.

What they want you to do is buy the N series..... 

To add perspective, you might have noticed that the N series uses the "SmartThings Control" App rather than the Multiroom app. The K series isn't even compatible with "SmartThings Control". We've been outdated mate and Samsung has moved on. The long list of problems aren't going to be fixed.

I'm personally disgusted. Samsung is dead to me.

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok im not going 2 buy the new N-950 they need to fix the K-950 just the bug issues with the connection  etc sub and surround speakers connection losses etc and maybe DTS HD master then im happy

user6iMYHexbPr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like samsung gonna be losing my business going forward. Im fuming. Always had a samsung phone, plus a tv an this soundbar yet theyre chucking it under the bus. 

Guess what samsung i will be doing the same to you

userysmOpB69qj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, all --

I posted here a few weeks ago when I first got the K950 but after the missing DTS:X and DTS HD-MA update (which I was told on separate instances by Samsung reps was coming), lack of Dolby Vision passthrough, the hissy, low volume satellites and sub/surround drop outs, I finally said NOPE and returned the darn thing. For a fraction of the price I got a solid, future proof 7.1 channel AVR from Denon (100W per channel), left, right, and center channel speakers and a 350W RMS sub (the ENTIRE K950 system peaks at 500W RMS). I can add rear satellites in a month or so and I still would have ended up at LESS THAN $1K for the entire setup and even my current 3.1 blows the soundbar away. If you really want Atmos, you can use the same receiver to get 5.1.2 or if you add a small amp you can upgrade to 5.1.4 for LESS money and BETTER sound than this thing. With the N950 out now, I don't think there's going to be support for this model anymore. Trust the wires, guys.

Cut your losses. Sell your gear while you still can and get a real, dedicated, wired system. It's night and day. The additional spacing between channels along with larger drivers creates a massive soundstage. Not to mention you can tweak your settings to no end for your speakers, room size, personal preferences, etc. Good luck to all y'all!

Highlighted
coolin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userysmOpB69qj wrote:

Hi, all --

I posted here a few weeks ago when I first got the K950 but after the missing DTS:X and DTS HD-MA update (which I was told on separate instances by Samsung reps was coming), lack of Dolby Vision passthrough, the hissy, low volume satellites and sub/surround drop outs, I finally said NOPE and returned the darn thing. For a fraction of the price I got a solid, future proof 7.1 channel AVR from Denon (100W per channel), left, right, and center channel speakers and a 350W RMS sub (the ENTIRE K950 system peaks at 500W RMS). I can add rear satellites in a month or so and I still would have ended up at LESS THAN $1K for the entire setup and even my current 3.1 blows the soundbar away. If you really want Atmos, you can use the same receiver to get 5.1.2 or if you add a small amp you can upgrade to 5.1.4 for LESS money and BETTER sound than this thing. With the N950 out now, I don't think there's going to be support for this model anymore. Trust the wires, guys.

Cut your losses. Sell your gear while you still can and get a real, dedicated, wired system. It's night and day. The additional spacing between channels along with larger drivers creates a massive soundstage. Not to mention you can tweak your settings to no end for your speakers, room size, personal preferences, etc. Good luck to all y'all!

Would be nice however not all of us can have a full surround sound system. Some of us don't have the room or in my case live in an apartment that have noise restrictions and just aren't allowed big surround systems. The fact is Samsung should fix these issues and if they can't or won't at least be man enough to tell us they won't.

userysmOpB69qj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, I should have prefaced my post with saying that I also live in a small apartment where I can't blast it and the footprint of the AVR setup is practically the same as the K950, except with wires you can hide here and there. You can also tweak the individual sub, speaker levels, etc. like with the K950 and then some. It's a little extra work but so worth it. And when you move to a bigger place, like I hope to do one day, you can switch components in and out to upgrade like nothing.

The draw of the K950 to me was also the practicality of it. Just having an all-in-one-box sound package. I would have even been willing to overlook the Dolby Vision passthrough, but the lack of support from Samsung for two MASSIVE formats and the wireless issues for a two year old product that costs $1,499 is unacceptable. I took the Sony ST5000 home before the K950 and that thing was a BEAST. It was amazing. Not one issue. If I could have added rear satellites I would have kept it.  The smaller Z9F soundbar has satellites you can add, not sure why their flagship model wouldn't. The successor to the ST5000 (or if they update the firmware one day to support wireless satellites) is going to set the standard for a one-box soundbar solution that isn't some crazy Bowers and WIlkins or Definitive Technology reference gear.

user12EWo60eaV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Come on guys! We still believe in you! 

Missing killer features:

- DTS HD/MA

- Dolby ATMOS via ARC (eARC)

Other features that we are waiting:

- DTS:X

- Dolby Vision passthrough

Give us a christmas gift with a firmware upgrade!

userzMBm40oIaQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PLEASE SAMSUNG ADD DTS X!!!!!!!! Release an update 

userzMBm40oIaQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We wasted to much money on this soundbar and sony added dts x into there bar, why you havent done it. Update your hwk950 sound bar. Whats the whole point of having and update option if you guys havent added nothing. Adddddd dts x and other sound that us the customer are askingg for a long time
user9gtQPdv9jN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think at this point (n950 came out), it's safe to say that Samsung won't be giving us any new features. We will be lucky to get any updates going forward. I am sure they will post new firmware next year, but the only difference will be the version number, and nothing else.