cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user07S792GEDp
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, I just wanted to post something I found out that greatly improved my listening experience. A lot of owners complain about the hissing satellite rear speakers, I had this problems since day one.

It frustrated me so bad that I just wanted to sell the soundbar, but I thought let's give this issue one more try. After a couple little adjustments the hissing almost dropped completely. What I did is the following:

I used EMI RFI Noise Suppressor Clips on the satellite speakers and sub woofer power cords, this helps big time!

The next thing I changed was the direction of the satellites, don't aim them right at you, but slight in front of you, you still have good surround sound but the leftover higher pitch hissing is barley hearable this way.

Don't use a power strip to connect your satellites, if you have no other option make sure not to connect any other hardware to that power strip. Also don't use a power strip to power your soundbar itself.

Last but not the least change your Wi-Fi channels, on 2,4ghz choose to channel 11, and on you 5,0ghz to channel 36.

This tells me that the wireless speakers design is flawed when used in the real world, when used in a "sound lab" you won't have any hissing because there is no interference, the satellites are just to sensitive to all sorts of interference.

Just give it a try, maybe it will help you too!

I tested the sound with the 2014 Dolby Atmos demo disc and some Dolby Atmos movies.

user9gtQPdv9jN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you sir!

This worked for me. Connecting every speaker to their own power outlet (no other electonis connected), definitely improved sound quality from the rear. Less hissing and less audio cut outs (haven't heard any cutouts at this point but need more time to test).

user07S792GEDp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your welcome!

Highlighted
userHk7ArgFzE4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any hopes still alive for dts-x on this soundbar?

userOaBPd89GC0
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userHk7ArgFzE4 wrote:

Any hopes still alive for dts-x on this soundbar?

ROFL, abandoned and looks like their about to do the same with the N950.

Viscious
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replaced my Samsung k950 with a Nakamichi shockwafe Ultra 9.2. They offer a superior product at a more economical price and they will be releasing an atmos update for their sound bars. The 9.2 is currently selling for 1099. The price will go up to 1499 next month to pay for the dolby licensing fees.

You've lost a customer Samsung. Never buying your products again. 

userl1JZprUpEW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's truly shocking..... poor customer service/satisfaction 

I have a £150 Yamaha sound bar that has true DTS-X and everything else.... 

So peed of I paid £1200 for this useless piece of c

userSo0UJAg62u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't understand why people are complaining about DTS-X support on K950. There is no streaming services supporting DTS-X and probably there wont be any in the future.  DTS-X is only for very narrow target group who are still buying and using Blu-Rays and 4k Blu-Rays. DTS-X has already lost the "war" with Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is getting bigger and bigger, selection in Netflix and iTunes is already quite ok and will get better in the future.

userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSo0UJAg62u wrote:

I can't understand why people are complaining about DTS-X support on K950. There is no streaming services supporting DTS-X and probably there wont be any in the future.  DTS-X is only for very narrow target group who are still buying and using Blu-Rays and 4k Blu-Rays. DTS-X has already lost the "war" with Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is getting bigger and bigger, selection in Netflix and iTunes is already quite ok and will get better in the future.

I'd say that it's more about the exceptionally poor reception from Samsung and it's so-called support staff than actually wanting DTS-X at this point. It does seem like Dolby Atmos is winning the war against DTS-X, that's true.

There are so many other things that Samsung could focus on right now. Like actually ship software that is not making users soundbars break. It's not even possible to get LPCM 5.1 which is necessary for Apple TV 4K, Xbox One and Playstation 4 if you wan't the best sound-quality.

jamman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm no tech savy guy , but,  I also still buy 4K bluray disks and will continue too buy more  . Not being in the States ( I like being able to watch ,what I want ,when I want .  Besides,  sometimes My Satille  service goes out (Wheather related outages ) and I'm never going to pay more for Netflix and such channels . I don't see anything worth paying for on those chanels ... Not enough to get me to buy it anyway ....

What I don't understnd is anyone who Thinks , Samsungs service, is anythng but what it is .  You think it's bad in h States ????  LOL!!! You'all go it good .

I have a HW K950 , bought in the States ( I took it with me when I moved out) and want Everything ,

for Software upgraded in it .  Programs here, don't not have Dobly Atmos,  but Sometimes , Dolby 5.1 .  I'm not sure what the differencecesor specs  are, but much still depends on whom is broadcasting the program ..

Today only some 4K Blurays have it . What I've seen is many more do not use it ... ... Samsung needs to make it right . I'm not holding my Breath for that to happen ...

BTW . I wont ever be buying ANYTHING Samsung .ever again .... Because of their Service ,,,, Or I shouldl say LACK of Service .... Love my QLED 65C TV ,,,but ,... I'll leave that stroy, to another time and thread ....

Just what was in the last firmware update , anyway ....????

I updated/connected my soundbar to the multiroom app and connected it to the Net , so it updated automatically . Great . But what did it do ???  I don't see/hear any differences ....