cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9gtQPdv9jN
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only difference is the version number.

coolin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSo0UJAg62u wrote:

I can't understand why people are complaining about DTS-X support on K950. There is no streaming services supporting DTS-X and probably there wont be any in the future.  DTS-X is only for very narrow target group who are still buying and using Blu-Rays and 4k Blu-Rays. DTS-X has already lost the "war" with Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is getting bigger and bigger, selection in Netflix and iTunes is already quite ok and will get better in the future.

If they aren't going to update for DTS-X that's fine but they need to at least push an update that fixes the issues with this soundbar that have been present since day 1. (Sub drop outs, rear speaker drop outs, quiet rear speakers and random issues not swiching to arc mode)

FYI, I am one of the "narrow target group" who still buys blurays. I don't have Netflix or any streaming services. I refuse to pay for any of those services until they offer current TV and movie content. (Eg. Avaible for streaming the same day as Bluray release) Most streaming services don't have any current movies available until months or even years after they come out. So I would love the addtion of DTS-X to this soundbar as well.

useroAjbvsbkGR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't understand why so many people say that they have issue with apple 4k, ps4 pro and switch.....  with those system I havesourround audio (5.1), and it works fine, atmos too of course with blue ray (ps4 pro) and apple tv 4k.... 

userOaFzIGsscX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I Just bought this soundbar. If the connectivity of the sub an rear speakers is really that bad. Then I will send it back straight away. I can live withouth dts:x and dts HD. But for this money It should work fluently.
Highlighted
djobitwan7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People are complaining because Atmos is more adopted for now. DTS: X is coming out more and more with every movie released. Remember, DTS: X is free not licensed. Also, people who do not have high-speed internet want to utilize what their UHD/4K player has to offer. So, this sounbar is not just for streaming purposes and you are a fool for thinking this way. It has been proven over and over again that a physical blu-ray discs will always have better quality (picture and sound), than what streaming services does. How is it that this soundbar can do Atmos, but cannot output TrueHD MA for Dolby? All Atmos does is add height and dimension. The sound itself is on the TrueHD layer. Adding DTS:X should be done, along with DTS HDMA. As for the war, it will always be at war between DTS and Dolby. They both are good and both should be standard, because you have no choice what is on the physical UHD Blu-ray discs. It's the company that chooses Atmos or DTS: X. Not us, the consumers. If you think you have control, then you are again mistaken on information about electronics. 

userDlwFN7uMtZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. How can we complain about this mediocre, sub par soundbar that was worth $1,500?

userZoOBIzQyYs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree I'm so cross with Samsung. I've had this bar for a couple of weeks thinking I'd got unreal deal. Only to find out later about all the issues. Which maybe I could live with, but the lack of response from sumsung is disgusting. I have fully committed to Samsung products I have 2 s9+ phones, smart fridge, q9 65 TV, 4k blu ray. After the level of poor customer support seriously considering moving to alternatives with future products. 

user81v8QOPdLs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello from Athens GREECE. After a tone of issues i read about this soundbar i just got it!!!! OK the main issue from first time was the arc issue you already know. I installed the latest firmaware and same issue again. My tv is a samsung ue65mu7002 so it is supposed i shoud not have these arc issues but i had it. Finally after i test a lot of solutions waht it was wored for me it was a very good hdmi cable (very good means 1m cable for 90 euros) and now since that change 3 weeks now no arc issues appeared. I change from arc to hdmi and then to arc and everything works fine. This is my story with this bar which it sounds great for me!!!! even in music or movies. THE BIG ISSUE IS THAT HISSING noise from rear speakers. I really dont know if this could be fixewd by a new firmware or by re pairing the speakers or with another way.

Chris.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user81v8QOPdLs I can definitely understand the frustrations. Have you tried to reconnect the rear speakers since the sound started?

user81v8QOPdLs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, you suggest to do re-pairiing with soundbar and rears during playback? No i have not tried this but i will do it.  The hissing noise is actually low but as rear speakers are very near where i s my coach  is something i can hear.  Also one question pleaae when i choose to increase level of speakers the limits are +3 and - 3.  Is this normal?

Thank you for your feedback