cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickmpr
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this wonderfull Samsung soundbar, can anyone help me to figure out what is the ideal stand for the side columns?

Tks

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i guess you are right and that samsung not going to be update our soundbar for dts x and dts HD just called again and they said no future updates anymore because the hw-n950 Smiley Sad

coolin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VinnDiesel89 wrote:

i guess you are right and that samsung not going to be update our soundbar for dts x and dts HD just called again and they said no future updates anymore because the hw-n950 Smiley Sad

Yup I bet they just told you that so people would stop asking about it. Samsung doesn't care what their customers want. 

leotreble
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well we must fight and demand this update from Samsung, because this is unacceptable to not have at least DTS HDMA on this sounbar!

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

True but samsung is not  going 2 listen to us Smiley Sad 

i am angry for sure and im not going 2 buy the N-950 for just the dts x etc

i hope some day the update will come not only dts x etc but also the stability issues with the bar

connection los etc with the sub and surround speakers and other bugs

gr Vincent

userF6b0pheGJ2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't understand, why whenever people ask about updates, there's always this shroud of secrecy around it.

Is it really a national security risk to confirm if an update is being worked on or not ? 

My goodness, this is hilarious !!!

coolin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't really care if they support DTSX I mean it would be nice but the stabilty issues with this bar that have been since day 1 are way more important. The sub drop outs and rear speaker drop outs need to be fixed asap and Samsung support is as useless as their products are.

I don't care if you can't speclate updates all we are asking is if these issues that have been on this soundbar since 2017  will be fixed? If not, let us know so we can sell this pos and get something else.

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

feel you bro!

they must fix the connection issues etc with the bar!

and other bug fixes

but is so sad that this bar not support DTS HD master its just so sad

userdKjpmkZuA2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE - HERE ARE THE FACTS

There has been a massive amount of feedback and discussion here and throghout many other forums relating to the many issues with the K series soundbars. These are not technical or hardware faults that can be fixed, but rather errors of design relating to software. The K series systems therefore do not function as advertised.

- ATMOS does not operate correctly in a full lossless spectrum.
- ATMOS is not supported via most media formats and streaming providers.
- ATMOS does not correctly utilize the rear speakers when active.
- PAIRED SURROUND SPEAKER volume is barely audible, low and lossy.
- PAIRED SURROUND SPEAKER audio is not true surround, it's a virtual emulation.
- PAIRED SURROUND SPEAKER disconnection issues, occasional hissing.

Samsung moderators have widely acknowledged ALL the above issues and there have been countless examples of customers sending their units in for repair only to be told that there is no physcial fault; the K series simply does not function as consumers expected or as they were advertised with the claimed features.

I have personally spent 10 months pulling my hair out troubleshooting. Absolutely every single method has been tried to absolve the above issues. The whole time patiently waiting for Samsung to release "software fixes". Samsung acknowledged these issues and has said many times that they would fix the problems with software updates, but they haven't.

INSTEAD.... Samsung has just released the N series and behold.... !

NONE of the issues that exist in the K series exist at all in the new N version!!! 

THEREFORE, Samsung very much observed and acknowledged the DESIGN FAULTS in the K series suffered and reported by its many customers and they even promised to solve them. But then took the valuable information onboard and went ahead and factored these fixes into the new model.

So for the suckers like me who spent thousands of dollars purchasing the K series and waited loyally and patiently for a solution that would never come, we're now expected to spend another two grand to upgrade to the N series in order to enjoy all of the features and capabilities that Samsung advertised in the K series!?

Samsung blatantly falsely advertised the K series as having features that do not function correctly by design. The system is incapable. Samsung knows it now and that's why the N series exists. People whom purchased the K series paid Samsung to be guinea pigs, suckers; myself included.

It's absolutely disgusting and myself along with thousands of other loyal customers are deeply offended. My K850 and R1 speakers are less than 12 months old. I attempted to return them tothe retailer for the reasons above, but they obviously directed me towards a Samsung repair service and even suggested I purchase the N SERIES because it "doesn't have a lot of the problems the K series has!"

ADDING INSULT TO INJURY!

Absolutely appalling. If you're in the market for a ATMOS system I hear the N series is amazing!

Completely at our expense.

DISGUSTING!

VinnDiesel89
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this cant be true!

omg so they cant fix the issues with this bar?

and also not DTS X? and DTS HD?