cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

And if not mistaken, adding support for DTS:X will automaticly give us DTS-HD Master Audio as well? Since DTS:X is just extra metadata for the extra soundchannels?

userA9dXJmhFWY
Asteroid

I just reached out on email to the leader of the California based unit that is behind the K950. Maybe he will respond... 

Spacemen3
Asteroid

Another request to add DTS:X support. Would make this soundbar complete for me so come on Samsung keep us Customers happy. Fingers crossed!
user22djxOjmU7
Constellation

The text isn't explicit enough for my liking. It says in one section "full effect of Dolby Atmos" and doesn't say DTS-X. I think its vague enough here to only infer 5.1 support on DTS-X. We really need an official response and soon. 

@userA9dXJmhFWY wrote:

It does indeed! DTS:X all over the place:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

Maybe they are going to mention something about it on CES. And not just release another top model with better support ...

usermmAA9JamaY
Constellation

DTS:X &  DTS-HD MA support would be wonderful... those are the only things I'm missing right now

userA9dXJmhFWY
Asteroid

So Samsung moderators... who can comment on the fact that you are mis-leading customers with product descriptions that are not true? 

This article states support for DTS:X - but as of now there is no such thing:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

userwsaXJFEHAH
Constellation

Surely this is false advertising and we could all take this further?

I am referring to the earlier link that was posted to an advert on AVSFoums stating that it includes DTS X

leotreble
Constellation

Samsung please add support for DTS:X and DTS HD MA for this soundbar. People are buying sound system once in 5 years or so. K950 must be future prove for this situations especially with DTS:X. A lot of movies(mainly from Universal Pictures and Lionsgate, in some cases WB) will be released only in DTS:X format, this studios not supporting Atmos. So please update this soundbar in near future. Thanks

userOaBPd89GC0
Cosmic Ray

Pound head on wall, not going to happen, Samsung figures we K950 owners are going to be stupid enough to shell out another couple of grand for the N950 in hopes it might actually work correctly. The K950 is so riddled with bugs and short comings, makes me wonder how the N950 will be any different.
leotreble
Constellation

i hope Samsung understand that people buying such products like soundbars once in a 5 years so I think after release of n950 they will make update to add DTS:X/DTS HD-MA to k950 as a farewell letter to users. And down the line maybe release small updates, not major once.

Im a new user of k950 and i want to stay on it and not update it to n950, because price gap is really significant. K950 and n950 can sell at the same time with diffrent price tags. They can not discount k950 and still sell it, but both soundbars must support the same formats(Atmos/DTS:X/HD-MA)

So i'm ok with 5.1.4 system,like most users, but im really not ok with lack of DTSX/HD-MA on k950. 

I beleive Samsung will listen to us and release update maybe this summer-fall. If not it will be real shame and reason to sell k950 and move on.