Did you mean: 
user0OXX3ALViL
Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Please please please add DTS-X support!

leotreble
Constellation

agree with you! Samsung please add DTSX/DTS HD-MA support to this soundbar as soon as possible. A lot of users waiting this firmware update!

userLIIoGqb9Ol
Asteroid

Hey guys I want it just a much as you but I don’t ever think it will happen. Just be nice if the powers that be at Samsung would give us the courtesy of telling us so. But I guess they want to make sure they sell out of the k950 first. 

leotreble
Constellation

well i think it can probably happen after release of n950, maybe in fall. if they don't release update for DTSX/HD-MA this year so yeah, no hopes for this update after that. 

userSFC3xnOXxo
Cosmic Ray

This thread was posted on 11-25-2017 and someone from Samsung must of looked at this ticket.

I know they wont make effort to support or stick to their words. As a ks9500 owner,  Samsung also stated  they will get HDR10+ and it  no where to be seen.

leotreble
Constellation

yeah, im an owner of ks9000 too. HDR10+ just a new format and its not even on UHD disks at this point, while DTS HD-MA is wide spread audio format, i think they must support that at some point this year. and if they can add HD-MA so DTS X will not be a problem. i hope we will get answers pretty soon maybe after release of n950.

lartomar2002
Constellation

Sorry guys, but I believe the DTS-X is the big selling point for the N950 so will not be seeing it it on the K950 ever. 

userSFC3xnOXxo
Cosmic Ray

i dont think they will release it for K950. so people buy the N950.

I am not a sony fan boy. but sony added DTS-X for the Sony ST5000 within couple of months.

leotreble
Constellation

i think they can sell k950 and n950 back to back as 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 systems as alternative for users. if its the case we will see DTSX support on k950. if they will discount k950 in favour of n950 so yeah we probably will not see dts x on k950. but we have only hope!

user0Om9kMfroA
Constellation

Just discovered the best joke. When I purchased this soundbar, I received a samsung blu ray player and two blu rays, one of which was Fast and Furious 8.

So yesterday I finally wanted to hear the Atmos do its thing, when I discovered, that the blu ray was actually only DTS X encoded, and as such I can now listen to it in 2.1 ch.

Brilliant adverstising by samsung, handing out blu rays with Atmos soundbar that are not supported, oh the irony