cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCYQiKZU8OP
Asteroid

Does the HW-K950 support Dolby Digital Plus at all?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I know the HW-K950 doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) over ARC, but I'm trying to get DD+ to work on HDMI 2.  I just connected an Amazon Fire TV 3 and set the audio for DD+ over HDMI which produced no sound.  I then set the AFTV3 to DD over HDMI and got sound.  The K950 spec sheet says it supports DD+ but I'm not hearing it.  I'm running the 3114 firmware.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does the HW-K950 support Dolby Digital Plus at all?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The HW-K950 does indeed support DD+ just not over pass-through like you mentioned before. In order to have it work properly the content, the device, any connection cables, and the settings all have to be compatible with DD+. My best suggestion is to check the settings of the FireTV to be sure that DD+ content has been enabled and that the program/show you are watching supports DD+. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
userVrSkmS4LjU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am seeing exactly the same issue. If I plug the FireTV 4K UHD directly into me 2017 LG OLED DD+ works fine, not so on the HW-K950.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The HW-K950 does indeed support DD+ just not over pass-through like you mentioned before. In order to have it work properly the content, the device, any connection cables, and the settings all have to be compatible with DD+. My best suggestion is to check the settings of the FireTV to be sure that DD+ content has been enabled and that the program/show you are watching supports DD+. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

useroE58ZGEmdD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same problem fire tv3 connected to port 2 i select Dolby digital plus and then no matter what i try to play including dolby plus no sound 

userg93MaS8H5w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yea also having the same problem with the fire tv 3. oddly enough, the fire tv 2 when left in auto audio (DD+), i get sound but maybe it's the fire tv 2 not doing it's job. 

userCYQiKZU8OP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, the issue appears to be confined to firmware on the new Fire TV 3 not the Samsung.