cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dolby 5.1 on Series 7 TV with HW-R60C and SWA-8500S

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I puchased a Series 7 TV and a HWR60C sound bar this year.  Soundbar is connected via HDMI cable to TV. Today I received the SWA-8500S kit to enable Dolby 5.1  suround sound the setup.  After its all connected and paired, I am able to hear sound from the SWA-8500S speakers however, they seem only to mirror the front left and right  channels.

I tired a few YouTube videos that do "5.1 Dolby Sourround Test" and the front and back channels mirror each other and are not distinct.  Is there anything I need to do to enable 5.1 Surround your on this setup?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dolby 5.1 on Series 7 TV with HW-R60C and SWA-8500S

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it is simulated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Based on your model number you have a 2.1 channel system. You can put it into surround mode and it will simulate 5.1.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. Which part of the system is 2.1, the HW-R60C soundbar? This sound bar spec as a 3.1 Ch and getting 2 more channels with the optional SWA-8500S.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it will spec to a 3.1 the soundbar has three speakers has the two on the sides and one in the center of the soundbar and has the subwoofer. You can add the optional speakers to it but it will not add 5.1 channel sound. It will simulate 5.1 channel sound through the unit's electronic coding.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the chart you provided for the "Output Specification" it states that if the "Input" is "5.1ch", then  the Output will be "5.1ch" with the Rear Speaker Kit.  Is this Output "sumulated"?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it is simulated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I am returning the HW-R60C back  then.

Would the Samsung HW-Q6CR soundbar offer true Dolby 5.1 surround sound when coupled with the SWA-8500S kit, or would that configuration  also be "simulated"?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not seeing the HW-Q6CR, but the HW-Q60r is trus 5.1 surround with the rear speaker kit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the link to the HW-Q6CR

https://www.samsung.com/ca/audio-video/hw-q6cr/

I think is the "club" version of the Q60.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, I couldn't see it, as we support US models only, and this is Canadian. The specs do show this is a 5.1 surround system.