Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Atom_Black
Constellation

Dolby ATMOS via ARC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will there be an update 2017 QLED Q7F TVs to be able to pass the Dolby ATMOS (format/codec) via ARC to a Dolby ATMOS capable receiver in the very near feature? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dolby ATMOS via ARC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

42 REPLIES 42
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Gill I was wondering if you could help me I am looking at getting Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 System with ceiling speakers does the HDMI ARC on Q9 FN one box support Full Dolby Atmos ? As I understand it seems that it needs 2.1 HDMI is this correct I do not want to waste a lot of money to find out its not working properly thanks Marcus 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@marcus hickman1; That is correct. It is recommended to have a 2.1 HDMI cable. The Q9FN model supports Dolby Atmos, so as long as the source of the audio is decoded in Dolby, the TV should have no problem formatting the audio to Dolby Atmos. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hi Darius thanks for quick answer but is ant HDMI ARC need to be eARC 2.1 HDMI to accept true dolby atoms ?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have tested Dolby Atoms on our Samsung TV (not the Q9FN model) and it worked with a regular HDMI cable. It really depends on the source where the audio is decoded from. With that in mind, there have been cases where the TV was only able to use Dolby Atoms with a 2.1 HDMI cable. I don't have a definite answer I'm afraid, but 2.1 would be recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFfmipf8jar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It realy is a problem.  i have a samsung QF9 75" 2018 tv in combination with a Yamaha RX-A2070 dolby enabled receiver and also an apple TV 4K. the dolby signal isnt passed through to my receiver. when i connect the ATV4k straight on to my receiver i can play Atmos sound (netflix) but when i connect it to my TV Samsung with premium 4K UHD cables. it still wont work. Spend a lot of money but nothing works.

userBYzoPahbsO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I used to own a Samsung KU6500 and Hw-k950. I was really impressed with how these 2 work together seamlessly and so I upgraded to an NU8000 and a HW-N950 and my good impressions with Samsung is now down to the drain! First, a lot of audio features in NU8000 especially the DTS codec got removed. They also removed the DIVX support and now all I get is a PCM option for all the other apps like YouTube and Spotify. The sound quality even when listening to their flagship HW-N950 is totally disappointing I wished I just bought an LG TV! I totally don't get why they removed the DTS decoding! I was hoping at least they've left the bitstream output but no, it's just PCM! Come on Samsung! 

The lg has Atmos pass through from Netflix. Brilliant. 

useraifvoWpKYM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the 2018 samsung 65" Q7FN for the VRR 4kHDR and dolby atmos arc return for my yamaha cx5100 av receiver and using an xbox one x as the main source. I can not get dolby atmos to pass through the tv what so ever just keeps saying my receiver doesnt support atmos when fed through the tv. The tv wont even let me use dolby digital +, to top it off it also adds 186ms of audio lag to receiver and samsungs answer was to add delay which just makes the sound even further behind as it was 186ms behind to begin with. So i now run everything through the reciever but loose the VRR option which is the main feature i bought the tv for, this way of running it also gets rid of the lag and gives me dolby atmos, but Samsungs answer was it was everyone elses fault not theirs. The yamaha is the flagship av receiver, the xbox is the flagship games console, im using full HDMI 2.1 spec cables @18mbps transfer and the tv is well, falsly advertised. I was hoping there would of been an os update by now but no, they are just focusing on their 2019 range instead. I wouldnt recomend samsung in the future thats for sure. Bad customer service and support, with a pass the buck attitude. 

I did buy a HD fury vertex at considerable cost as i was informed that would allow me to split the signal and get all the features up and running, but it was a right headache to program and basically fooled the tv and xbox into allowing vrr to activate but wasnt actually doing any VRR, as i was then later informed that the only way to get VRR is to go through the TV first and well we all know how thats gone. 

Its discusting considering the price, and the consumer should not have to suffer it.

I wont be purchasing again thats for sure.

Whats sad about it is that if they did a software update alot if not all of these issues could be resolved and the tv would be awesome instead i just feel i was sold a hollow egg, and a very bad taste.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hi Darius I was wondering if you help me could you please tell me what HDMI imports have we got on the Q9 fn tv one connector box 2.0b or 2.0a because as it stands we can only get Dolby Atmos through Dolby Digital plus and not Dolby Digital True HD as the bandwidth is not large enough on the ARC passthrough . And I'm just wondering whether I will need to upgrade my one connect box to a 2.1 HDMI at a later date to get True HD Atmos sound . If you could help me with this question it would be much appreciated