cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dolby ATMOS via ARC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have that information, but I would be happy to investigate it. Please send us a private message to the link with your full model number TV, firmware version, phone number, and email address. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone  I would just like to share this with you all  I have a Q9FN and a Marantz 1609  I have all HDMI components going through the receiver apart from the PlayStation so that is the skybox 4K Blu-ray player and then arc to tv  when I play 4K Blu-ray the Arc  back to the receiver shows that it is playing Dolby Atmos true HD you can even switch it from that to Dolby digital true HD  all 4K picture quality is working as it should all sound quality for Dolby Atmos is working as it should Samsung must’ve fixed   The ability to  audio return  Dolby true HD through ARC  because Dolby true HD is only supposed to work on eARC  The skybox has Dolby Atmos and that works through Dolby Digital plus signal the same as Netflix  I hope this helps people struggling to get the sound quality through Ark on the receivers 

userYm7Oz4Fu7I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Marcus Hickman 1.

Glad to hear you got dolby atmos working thru ARC. What did you change to get it working ?

userYm7Oz4Fu7I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi Marcus,

What did you do to get the Dolby atmos True HD working ?  Are you using 2.1 cable ? Please update you post with exact details of your setup. I just ordered a Q8FN and need to buy a new receiver so your input is very important....
Akerhage
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the Samsung TV 75KS8005, using only the build in Netflix, Viaplay and Plex apps. Im thinking of buying a HW-N960, but seems that the built in Netflix app doesnt support ATMOS? So I do need to buy an external player (Nvidia Shield for example) to get ATMOS? It does not work with the built in Netflix app?

Edit, google helped, Nvidia shield does not work either with Netflix. I really hope Netflix can support more players in the future.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi YM sorry for the delay the only way you can get Dolby atmos  true HD is through the receiver my setup is a marantz 1609 receiver and Q9N
Samsung TV all my cables high bandwidth HDMI you will not be able to get Netflix Dolby Atmos as this is not compatible with Samsung Products you need to look on Netflix website for compatible hardware for Dolby Atmos but this is not True HD Netflix only supports Dolby Plus which Dolby Atmos works on the back off .To get True HD Dolby Atmos is through 4 K Blu-ray Player DVDs which Dolby Atmos compatible or DTS -X compatible. Xbox can pass through Dolby atmos on  the back of Dolby plus through Netflix sky in the UK is Dolby Atmos compatible on UHD movies and that is on the back of Dolby plus. You need to put all hardware into the back receiver and one high-speed HDMI lead from ARC to the TV  ARC the only thing with connected your Game console to the receiver and not the TV you will lose the ability four game mode so if you're using Xbox for Netflix and 4k Blu-ray more than gaming then I would connect this straight to the receiver. I use my Game console for gaming so I connected mine to the TV so I can get game mode. The one connector box is not Dolby Atmos compatible but it will pass through Dolby Atmos on the return ARC to receiver this is the only way you'll get it I hope this helps sorry for the long text cheers .

PS I forgot to say I have Samsung 4 K Blu-ray player which plays all the sound formats and then the receiver decodes them formats 

userEaNSmg2L21
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please update us on the Samsung Q7FN´s ability to run DOLBY ATMOS through its ARC connection to an AV Receiver.

Can it use dolby atmos on this Q7FN if I have a Dolby Atmos Enabled sound bar...for example a VIZIO Atmos Soundbar?

useruUUOqRiTPN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same question here. (Sorry for my EN). Got QE55Q7FAM  at the end of 2017 (update v 1261) and i'm not sure if this TV series will ever have Atmos support ( i don't want to buy Receiver with atmos support if TV doesn't support it). Is it software update matter or simply, Q7F has hardware too poor to play that Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Based on the model number you have provided, your model is an International model. Features and specifications vary by country of origin. This forum only supports U.S. models. Please reach out to the country of origin for further assistance. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry 

BGreenstone
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the 2017 Q7C and I'm considering getting the new Samsung N950 soundbar when it gets released soon.  However, from what I've been reading the two aren't really compatible with each other.  It sounds like if I play ATMOS content on the TV, it isn't capable of sending that ATMOS audio to the supposedly ATMOS-compatible sound bar, correct?

From what I can tell Samsung's own ATMOS sound bars don't work properly with their own TV's.  It will only play ATMOS content that comes from external HDMI sources such as a BlueRay player.  

Am I getting this straight?  If so, no point in getting the N950 when it comes out.

Thanks,

-Brian