cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaimefcb
Constellation

Re: Dolby ATMOS via ARC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that Dolby Atmos is working through HDMI ARC with Amazon Video APP (Jack Ryan tv-show) on my Samsung UE55MU7000 + LG SJ9 SoundBar.

Unfortunately Atmos is not working on Netflix APP for our Samsung SmartTVs...

userv2CHVzIX7N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its kinda rediculous that samsung tv apps are not atmos capable and we must run those same apps on an external device like an xbox one.  Any reason why netflix app for the 2018 flagship q9fn75 cannot have pass atmos via arc to the flagship N950?  

jaimefcb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have been also looking for that answer on Samsung and Netflix sides from weeks,
No luck so far...
userEUSSzbpvLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jaimefcb wrote:
I have been also looking for that answer on Samsung and Netflix sides from weeks,
No luck so far...

IMO it's probably a Netflix commercial/licensing issue with Samsung not wanting to pay up. I have no. Issues getting Dolby Atmos or HDR via external AmZ Prime Video app on Hwk950.

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:

• Apple TV 4K (requires tvOS 12 or later)

• LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)

• Pixela 4K Smart Tuner

• Sony BRAVIA Android TVs (2018 models)

• Windows 10 app (requires Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299 or later)

• Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X

userW1UCNic90G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the Dolby Atmos 'Leaf' demo through DS Video on my QE55Q7F from my Synology NAS.

It works on my HW-N850 with ARC

userp5KV9HCVeN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a UHD Netflix plan that supports Atmos? are you clicking on titles that show the Atmos icon in the Netflix App?

I just picked up the Samsung UN75NU7100FXZC....

I have an Atmos soundbar (VIZIO SB36512-F6) on the way.

I'm hoping to have Atmos output from the ARC port!

I have Amazon P video, and Netflix UHD....

I'll report back with what works! here's hoping they both do.... 

userSQXqt9Qj35
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an q7fn qled 2018, not only the atmos but the dolby digital + is not working also through arc with my avr supports the format(pioneer sclx56)

userJCF5aEqMRN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you gone into the expert audio settings? Happens to me all the time watching movies on Netflix and other such apps, the settings get changed, have to go into the settings and make sure it's set to bitstream and Dolby not stereo. I have to constantly check and change it to get Dolby or dts. Still this will not help with decoding atmos, I also have atmos capable receiver and am anxiously awaiting a software update of some kind. 

userBTOkCBHirv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had an Apple TV and the atoms sound works the problem is has a conflict and don’t want to recognize my Apple TV some times and I need to unplug and plug the HDMI cable to see my movies via AVR dennon 4400 this tv 

userEaNSmg2L21
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI !! Can you update us about this setup that you have with the Vizio soundbar on the Q7FN, because I´ve Ordered the exact same setup.