cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Firmware update failure, device always hangs on “loading”

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BD-EM59C Blu-Ray disk player. Device was working fine before I chose to update the firmware from a level...61 to ...64. I was using the embedded WiFi connection for this task.  Might be the first time I did that. The progress bar showed the full download, then powered off and on. Now, it hangs with “loading” showing on the digi readout whenever the device starts. It doesn’t matter whether I have a disk in the tray or not. Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Firmware update failure, device always hangs on “loading”

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So last night I unplugged the device for about an hour so that I could read the product plate and open this forum entry. Before going to bed I plugged the device back in, knowing that it would be hours before I could get back to it. I just went to the device this afternoon and it had powered itself off. I turned it back on and it is working normally. I went into the settings and determined that the upgrade miraculously completed. Perhaps it just took hours to apply the update? Thank you for your suggestions, as those were my planned next steps that I can now avoid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes?

The newest version is 1067.1. Have you tried updating it via a USB flash drive?

Have you tried connecting it via a LAN connection?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So last night I unplugged the device for about an hour so that I could read the product plate and open this forum entry. Before going to bed I plugged the device back in, knowing that it would be hours before I could get back to it. I just went to the device this afternoon and it had powered itself off. I turned it back on and it is working normally. I went into the settings and determined that the upgrade miraculously completed. Perhaps it just took hours to apply the update? Thank you for your suggestions, as those were my planned next steps that I can now avoid.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! We're glad to hear it.