Original topic:

HDMI ARC not working with Marantz NR1711

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 01:49 PM)
userXv7Hgu54Dk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I checked the archives and could not find my specific problem.

I am at my wits end with my new AU8000.

Trying to connect with my  Marantz NR1711. I cannot get TV audio out to my receiver.

----

AU8000

Input = HDMI 2 (eARC)

Confirmed settings;

Sound Output = Receiver (HDMI)

Expert Settings = HDMI-eARC Mode = Auto

Digital Output Audio Format = Auto

External Device Manager = Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - checked

-----

Marantz

Monitor Output  (eARC)

HDMI input 1 = Xfinity DVR

Marantz settings;

Video/HDMI Setup:

HDMI Audio Out = AVR

HDMI Pass Through = On

Pass Through Source = Xfinity Cable

RC Source Select = Power On + Source

HDMI Control = On

ARC = On

TV Audio Switching = On

Power Off Control = Off

Power Saving = Off

Smart Menu = Off

-------

Problem: Only hear audio from Xfinity HDMI source. If I switch to another app on the TV (ie. Netflix) still get audio from Xfinity.

I have tried several different settings on the Marantz all to no effect.

After days of frustrations, I shut down ARC altogether and tried to input audio via Optical and got the same results.

Has anyone managed to have successfully gotten a Samsung Smart TV to work with a Marantz/Denon Receiver?

7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Test with other amps
Connect headphone and switch the output to test for audio
0 Likes
userhYhJ2TX8lu
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Hi yes I have the marantz 7016. Everything was working fine but now all of a sudden my TV 2020 samsung q90. Has started displaying the message that my receiver needs to be connected to hdmi port 3 to support arc. But it has been connected to that hdmi port as it always has been I even went as far as to change the cables to new cables but it still keeps telling me to connect my receiver to hdmi port 3. As I said its always worked and never had any issues just started in the Las 2 to 3 weeks. My settings are the same as yours
0 Likes
userXv7Hgu54Dk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Well, this is not very encouraging.

But Thanks.

Here's where I am now.

I've had the TV for a couple of weeks and I still cannot get  it to play well with my Marantz.

Right now, all I have is a Smart TV that I have to use as a monitor unless I want to listen to it through the TV speakers. This is NOT an option.

While searching for a solution what I have learned is that, while eARC and CEC are supposed to define certain interoperability standards, some brands (Samsung) deploy their own proprietary versions (Anynet+) in order to try to lock you into brand.

Right now, it appears that my best bet is to return the TV while I still can and find one that plays well with others.

0 Likes
userhYhJ2TX8lu
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
The only thing just did was swap out my hdmi cables for new ones. Using the new ultra 8k certified cables. But when I did this I powered everything off ie unplugged. Knock on wood that seems to have fixed the issue. I did find out that sometimes there seems to be a handshake issue with the hdmi cables between products
0 Likes
userhYhJ2TX8lu
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
That seems to have fixed the issues
0 Likes
userXv7Hgu54Dk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Glad to hear that.

I'm working with Marantz support right now.

Gonna give it another try before I return the TV.

0 Likes
user6lQqzhq1Ab
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had similar issues, trying to send audio to an old mixer and or receiver for several months with absolute frustration. I even bought an ARC signal converter, but ended up with no sound. Several months later I bought a new mixer thinking the new mixer may have the newer signal compatibilities but ended up with same no sound. In desperation, I stumbled through the sound setting on my Samsung TV and change all settings from Bitstream to PCM and the sound came alive! I now can watch movie and enjoying the sounds from YouTube and can even do YouTube karaoke. Samsung and TV makers should highlight the procedure to set up TV to receiver/mixer in bold letters! Otherwise they will end up with a bunch of returns.

0 Likes