cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern33z6teZcq
Asteroid

HDMI ARC

I have a Yamaha sound bar that supports ARC. The sound bar turns off when I turn the TV off, and it did turn on a couple times but stopped. It still turns off but not on. I contacted Yamaha and got this response:

The HDMI control feature is automatically enabled once the HDMI input is selected on the soundbar.
There are no further settings or instructions to provide that are relative to the HDMI control feature on the soundbar.
You will need to contact your TV manufacture and inquire about the capabilities of the ARC feature.
Since the soundbar turns off with the TV remote control, the HDMI control feature is working.
Each manufacture has different functions pertaining to HDMI control.

I've reset the TV and sound bar and did a complete new set up a couple times and unpluged the tv for 5 minutes also. The firmware is up to date.

Samsung UN65NU800DFXZA  8 series

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI ARC

What is the current software version? Is Anynet+ enabled? Have you tried toggling it?

usern33z6teZcq
Asteroid

Version 1260.8 Jun 18 2019

Anynet is enabled

I don't know what you want me to toggle?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried toggling the Anynet off and then restarting the television and toggling on again?

usern33z6teZcq
Asteroid

I just tried the toggling a couple times, still just turns off the bar but not on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Lastly, I would recommend performing a factory reset on the TV. This will reset the TV back to the default settings. Let us know if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usern33z6teZcq
Asteroid

Ive done that several times, same with the sound bar

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usern33z6teZcq At this point, I recommend reaching back out to Yamaha.