cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

HT-E5500W/XY Loop problem Australia

I am from Sydney Australia. My bluray home theater was working well but the next day, when I turned it on from the remote control, the home  menu did not come up but instead it went to BD-DVD mode and did a LOAD that kept on going until the display showed STOP.  That's it, it Stopped. No button on the remote would work after that except the Power on/off button. 
i turn it Off but it does the same thing when I turn on. I can open the tray if I press the Open/Close button on the remote from an Off position. Tried placing a disc but it tries to LOAD but then goes to a STOP.  
Have read the thread on the loop problem in the US and it is exactly the same problem. However, when I called the Samsung Australia number and talked to Customer Support guy Kevin, he said he was not aware of the problem. Instead, he said that because my bluray is a 2012 model and have been used a lot, while he believes it is a firmware issue, I could take it to Samsung's service centre but I have to shoulder the repair costs. He does not believe Samsung updates caused the problem and it simply broke down after many years out of warranty operation. 
i wonder if I am the only one in Australia experiencing this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HT-E5500W/XY Loop problem Australia

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: HT-E5500W/XY Loop problem Australia

Good luck, they cant rectify the problem here. Said they couldn't get parts to fix mine after promising they would , then said they would send money............still waiting. Guess I'll sell all my blu rays.