Original topic:

HT-ES4200 Loud crackling sound when switching to AUX

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 11:27 AM)
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi there,

My HT-ES4200 home theater system (just out of the blue - whilst playing music via AUX), started giving loud crackling sound. 

Symptoms only show via AUX (unfortunately I cannot test it playing a CD/DVD since the player is dead).
I sense that some part of the amplifier has gone.
Please check out the video I made to hear/see the symptoms: https://youtu.be/tn22_0YM2Tc
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thank you,

Peter

9 Replies
ABackwardsRT
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
If probably from the age of the system after being used so many times
0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your kind answer. I believe age is irrelevant (I have an amp which is 30+ years old and still working.).
I would like to find the source of the error and the solution.

0 Likes
ABackwardsRT
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
What I'm saying possible wear & tear or there's something interfering with the connectionivity. I would do a customer support troubleshoot. Just going by what your saying cause the video isn't okay or says unavailable.
0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you ! You are right, somehow YouTube couldnt render my video file, I corrected it now: https://youtu.be/tn22_0YM2Tc
Thanks for checking !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I am unable to find this model in my system. Was this purchased in the US?

0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I only have access to information on US products. You will be able to get better information from the Samsung UK Community, or the Samsung UK Support sites.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried using a different Aux cable? If it's not the cable, the port connections may be going out.

0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your answer. Yes I did use different cables however the problem still persists.
Even when there are no cables attached to the home theater system, the loud crackling static sound is still there.

0 Likes