cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HT-J5500W Home Theater has no voice audio with some recordings or dvd's

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung HT-J5500W home theater/dvd player connected to my Samsung UN65MU800DF television.  They are connected to each other via an ARC capable HDMI cable.  The primary content is from Comcast via a motorola RNG200N cable box/dvr.  I have an optical cable connecting the tv box to the dvd.

When playing certain recorded shows, such as america's got talent, the playback has no voices but other sounds are fine.  I realize the voices should come from the center speaker.  The center speaker is connected properly and functions fine most of the time, just not during the above scenarios.   I noticed while doing a speaker test the center speaker does not "sound off" as the others do.  This issue is constant when playing dvd's.

The firmware is up to date.  Got ideas anyone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HT-J5500W Home Theater has no voice audio with some recordings or dvd's

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As it turns out, one HDMI cable was not HDMI 2 compatible.  Replaced the cable and all is well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like an issue with decoding 5.1 sound. The content must support 5.1 sound and the television has to be the source decoding the signal. You also shouldn't have to connect the cable box to the sound system if the sound system is already connected to the TV over ARC. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As it turns out, one HDMI cable was not HDMI 2 compatible.  Replaced the cable and all is well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im using my HT-J5500W  connected to me firestick via bluetooth. But not all my speakers work....the center speaker definitely does not work. Only the 2 front side speakera and subwoofer work.  Is this beacause im connected via Bluetooth?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried connecting the soundbar directly to the tv and then connecting the other devices to the tv as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.