JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HT-J5500W/ZA Boot Loop

(Topic created on: 8/17/20 1:34 PM)
Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

A general announcement for HT-J5500W/ZA owners with the boot loop issue. My blu ray player has been in the NJ repair shop since July 1st. A Samsung rep contacted someone at the shop today and relayed to me that Samsung does not have the part needed for the repair so they are manufacturing a new part. They do not have an ETA.

Patrick, North Carolina

0 Likes
4 Replies
JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Mines been in shop since the 10nth of July,  it's hard not knowing anything...wish I knew how long.

0 Likes
Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Received this text from Samsung on July 22nd. Still no ETA.

Hi, this is Samsung Depot Tracking Team. We have verified that your repair service order [xxxxxxxx] of your HOME THEATER is taking longer than we expected; we are currently working on the completion of your service request. Please reply to this message if you need any further follow up. We apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Likes
Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

In a surprise move Samsung is offering me a refund because the device cannot be repaired.

0 Likes
Solution
Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Took time and patience but I am pleased to report that the refund check arrived in the mail today. I filed the refund electronically and only attached a photo of the serial number, did not provide a receipt.

Patrick, North Carolina

View solution in context

0 Likes