cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KevininFLorida
Constellation

HUE HDMI Sync Box

Hello everyone! I just picked up the HUE HDMI Sync box and am looking for advice on how the connections should be made to fully utilize the features on the HUE box... Hue is saying all devices must be connected to their box via HDMI and then it has an output to the TV,. The function of their (HUE) box is to control lighting based on what is going on on the screen... However, I feel I am losing some functionality by bypassing the One connect box... any thoughts on this scenario? Thanks in advance!! Kevin
KJR
2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HUE HDMI Sync Box

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, yes you would hook the HDMI connections to the hue box first then to the one connect box but you may lose some functionality of the one connect box. For further installation instructions of the hue sync, I would recommend reaching out to Phillips. 

KevininFLorida
Constellation

Re: HUE HDMI Sync Box

I have reached out and to be honest it is like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz - both point fingers at each other...The MAJOR point I have is that I do NOT want to use my phone app to decide on what I want to watch on the TV... IF the Power on/selection is monitored correctly this would fix the issue... Example... I am watching Apple TV movie on Plex, Prime, Netflix - whatever... BUT Apple TV is active... Now I want to watch a football game on the cable box... so I pick up the cable box remote hit a button (let's just say the GUIDE) - I would love to have the HUE box know that there is a signal coming from input 3(or wherever the cable box is plugged into) and then automatically switch to that input and send that out to TV.... Wouldn't that be perfect?
KJR