JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-B450 soundbar no power

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 08:03 AM)
jeffreypj
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have recieved a new sound bar Samsung HW-B450 as a gift.  I set it up, turned it on and used it for an hour or so, and it worked flawlessly.  I allowed it to power down off on its own.  A day later I returned to use my tv and the sound bar wouldn't turn on.  After finding no obvious solutions or internet suggestions, I decided to return it to Amazon.  The second unit arrived and I completed the dance again, setup, use for short time, allow to turn off by itself.  Return a day later and the unit does not power back on.  No inputs from the remote or buttons on top are recognized or atleast nothing is displayed by the lcd or sound output by speakers.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your soundbar not working properly. Since this is occurring have you tried the steps below? 

1. Unplug the soundbar from the wall outlet and check where the two parts of the power cord connect.

Your power cord actually comes in two parts and it is this connection between them that is most likely to be forgotten about. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet first, and then check where the two parts connect. Be sure to connect them firmly; they should not easily disconnect.Soundbar Power Cord to AC

2. Test the wall outlet.

Make sure the wall outlet is working by plugging another device in, like a lamp.

If the outlet's not working, you can check if the home's circuit is tripped. Otherwise, contact an electrician for further assistance.

3. Check the power cord connection on the back of the soundbar.

Here's the next place to make sure nothing is loose. Make sure the power cord is firmly connected to the soundbar. There shouldn't be any gaps and it should not disconnect easily.AC Power Cord to Soundbar

If this does not help then this will require service, depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your soundbar not working properly. Since this is occurring have you tried the steps below? 

1. Unplug the soundbar from the wall outlet and check where the two parts of the power cord connect.

Your power cord actually comes in two parts and it is this connection between them that is most likely to be forgotten about. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet first, and then check where the two parts connect. Be sure to connect them firmly; they should not easily disconnect.Soundbar Power Cord to AC

2. Test the wall outlet.

Make sure the wall outlet is working by plugging another device in, like a lamp.

If the outlet's not working, you can check if the home's circuit is tripped. Otherwise, contact an electrician for further assistance.

3. Check the power cord connection on the back of the soundbar.

Here's the next place to make sure nothing is loose. Make sure the power cord is firmly connected to the soundbar. There shouldn't be any gaps and it should not disconnect easily.AC Power Cord to Soundbar

If this does not help then this will require service, depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes