cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HW-C450 going haywire for no apparent reason, is this the end?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've had this soundbar since 2010 or 2011 and it's had its quirks at times, no biggie. But now, it's going haywire for no apparent reason. I have it hooked up to my Samsung KS8000 via optical. All of a sudden the small display on the soundbar itself is cycling thru blinking, a dying out blinking and a pop sound every 20 seconds or so, where I have to shut it off. I don't know what the heck is going on with this thing. Can anyone advise what's happening here?

The last time this happened was about a month ago. I went thru all troubleshooting, turning everything off, changing optical cables, restarting, etc. Nothing changed. I then downloaded the latest firmware on the Samsung site, which for some reason requires 2 USB sticks to perform. In any case, I did it and apparently it fixed it.

Now it's happening again, does the firmware or whatever programming on the soundbar get messed up somehow? I'm trying to think of any fix I can do. This just seems to come out of nowhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: HW-C450 going haywire for no apparent reason, is this the end?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@romeotech it sounds like you may need to replace this one :-(

-- 

Show some love to this reply with a ❤️

Let others know this post solved your issue by selecting ✅"Accept as solution" 

Login to the community site to respond to this thread or select a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guess I can update, I was going to try the firmware again but now it doesn't even power on anymore. Although if I leave it plugged it, the popping sounds continue from the soundbar. I guess the power died in the soundbar? 

Since the subwoofer seems fine and "wireless", is this able to be used with a new soundbar or is that not possible?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, due to the age of the subwoofer it may not connect to a new soundbar. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@romeotech it sounds like you may need to replace this one :-(

-- 

Show some love to this reply with a ❤️

Let others know this post solved your issue by selecting ✅"Accept as solution" 

Login to the community site to respond to this thread or select a solution.

View solution in original post