Constellation

Re: HW-K450/HW-K460 soundbar has stopped turning on, when I turn TV on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me for just over a month after the TV updated k5600 and j355

userK1nR1rQExE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Super annoying. Is Samsung even testing their own products?

not going to backtrack tv firmware I’ll rether just sell it all and buy a better brand.

useriV3gKu5FTd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump...

Same issue with K360, started severl weeks ago. Please Samsung, help us out. I can never find that soundbar remote...

MoonFrost
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

still waiting for a fix 1 month+ later.

userBVyw0wwx9m
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue with HW-K450 - tried troubleshooting 3 times now with Samsung support, 1 chat, 2 telephone sessions (almost 40 minsutes each). Finally got it to work. Once. Went right back to same behavior:

1. TV turns on, Sounbar turns on

2. TV off, soundbar off.

3. Approximately 10-20 seconds, soundbar comes on, does not find TVCONNECT, shuts off.

4. Turn on TV, soundbar soes not turn on.

5. Turn soundbar on with remote, immediately connects to TV via TVCONNECT.

Reset everything possible except for TV.

I am going to try and escalate this in support - TV and soundbar are 2 years, 3 months old.

Also, one of the replies refers to the latest firmware updates - I am going to see if I can find out when my last update was and if that date correlates to the start of the problem.

MoonFrost
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wanted to update in hopes that a Samsung person will see it and help fix the issue.

I lost internet connection tonight, ISP is doing maintenance. Because of that, I turned on my TV to watch some dvds since I don't have cable. 

My speaker system turned on by itself as it should. I've turned the system off and on with the TV remote multiple times to verify it's working properly, TV remote turns TV on and the speaker turns on. I turn the TV off with TV remote and the speaker turns off with the TV.

So something that has to do with the ethernet connection (I don't have the wireless connection enabled as it made my router buzz), or the internet connection itself causes the TV to have this issue with the speaker not turning on with the TV.

Once my internet comes back online I'll verify it's not working. Then I'll test if it's only with an ethernet connection by switching over to wifi and unplugging the ethernet cable and update my findings on this post.

Update: once I got internet back the speaker stopped turning on with TV, and is back to turning itself on 5 seconds after turning TV off.

Also tried unplugging ethernet and trying wifi, same issue. So I have to conclude it's an issue only when the TV is connected to the internet. Or possibly the YouTube app as I only use that a lot for media consumption. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have good news, we now have a fix for the Soundbar not turning on by the TV via Bluetooth.

Here's the Fix:

1. Load software file (HMS-KS550WWB-1004.0.ROM) directly to the root directory of a USB flash drive.
  2. Power on the SB.  Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port on the SB.
  3. Press the Source button.  Software will upgrade automatically.  When it is completed, the SB will turn off.
  4. Initialize the SB: with the SB OFF, press the PLAY/PAUSE button on the remote for 5 seconds.  INIT will display.
  5. Turn on the SB.  Press the “Bluetooth Power” button the remote to and select “ON”.

This version will be available on the support page for your model. Just pull up the full model code on samsung.com and scroll down and click on "See All Support" to get to the downloads section. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
user6PRhG1jZlK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I could not find the HMS... file in your message and it might not have been the correct one because it shows 550 in the name and mine is a 450. When I went to support there wasn't a See All Support option just a list of solutions. I did poke around and found another file; HMS-K450WWM-1006.0 and put it on a USB stick. Then I found that the port on the sound bar wasn't the common USB and it is a female port too. All in all I'm still not getting an auto on and off like I had forever.
user6PRhG1jZlK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TurnEd on my Tv and the Soundbar came today. I’ve not changed or updated anything. If it does it again maybe it is fixed. It’s a mystery!

user6PRhG1jZlK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well the sound bar turning on with the tv was just once. Next several times it is back to not turning on.