JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-K450 Soundbar display not working

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 7:24 PM)
jemmer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Everything was fine with my setup.  Worked perfectly for the year since I bought it.

I found some cables hanging down from my wall mounted TV.  I fixed those by taping them back up behind the TV, but accidentally unplugged the optical cable from my TV to the soundbar.

I plugged the optical back in, and got TV sound back, but now the soundbar no longer has a display.  I can control the bar from the right side volume controls and power button.  The input button appears appears to cycle through the various values and when I get to what I presume is D-IN the sound comes back on.

The remote's power and mute buttons work, but the volume up/down buttons , and input do not work.  Nothing happens when I push them.

I had programmed my Xfinity remote to handle the soundbar and it was working perfectly, but now, with this no display issue, it no longer controls the soundbar.  No volume control and no power on/off.

Any idea what's going on?

14 Replies
usereeItGFlbSU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same problem as well. I just wanna knownif we can purchase thw displays and donit ourself or can you give me a cost?

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey, to purchase any parts I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

0 Likes
userWX5JNJQqFI
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This is happening to me too, has anyone found a solution that's not sending in for repair?

0 Likes
userUG11K2fUbd
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Im in the exact same boat no display, but get sound but cant turn up or down. What is the best solution? 

@jemmer wrote:

Everything was fine with my setup.  Worked perfectly for the year since I bought it.

I found some cables hanging down from my wall mounted TV.  I fixed those by taping them back up behind the TV, but accidentally unplugged the optical cable from my TV to the soundbar.

I plugged the optical back in, and got TV sound back, but now the soundbar no longer has a display.  I can control the bar from the right side volume controls and power button.  The input button appears appears to cycle through the various values and when I get to what I presume is D-IN the sound comes back on.

The remote's power and mute buttons work, but the volume up/down buttons , and input do not work.  Nothing happens when I push them.

I had programmed my Xfinity remote to handle the soundbar and it was working perfectly, but now, with this no display issue, it no longer controls the soundbar.  No volume control and no power on/off.

Any idea what's going on?

0 Likes
user9jQLXeJ4s6
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue no display but sound and can not control it through the remote, I just purchased this a few months ago from Best Buy 

0 Likes