cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jemmer
Asteroid

HW-K450 Soundbar display not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything was fine with my setup.  Worked perfectly for the year since I bought it.

I found some cables hanging down from my wall mounted TV.  I fixed those by taping them back up behind the TV, but accidentally unplugged the optical cable from my TV to the soundbar.

I plugged the optical back in, and got TV sound back, but now the soundbar no longer has a display.  I can control the bar from the right side volume controls and power button.  The input button appears appears to cycle through the various values and when I get to what I presume is D-IN the sound comes back on.

The remote's power and mute buttons work, but the volume up/down buttons , and input do not work.  Nothing happens when I push them.

I had programmed my Xfinity remote to handle the soundbar and it was working perfectly, but now, with this no display issue, it no longer controls the soundbar.  No volume control and no power on/off.

Any idea what's going on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: HW-K450 Soundbar display not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jemmerI would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. When was the soundbar purchased>

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

jemmer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased it from Amazon on 4/2/2018

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jemmerI would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

jemmer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to thank everyone involved.  This was a quick and painless experience, from diagnosis through repair and delivery back to me.  Your professionalism and caring for your customer is commendable.  Thank you!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running! Don't hesitate to reach out!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userB1MU4Ye4JS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi....sorry to disturb you.

But I have same problem on my hw-n950...no display...all tge rest works but no display...no ligth at all.

What should I do?

jemmer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Contact Samsung support.  I had to ship my soundbar to them for repair, and because it was out of warranty I had to pay to have them fix it, but they did so perfectly and in a very timely fashion.

Too bad the device broke, but Samsung handled the repair very well.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userB1MU4Ye4JS, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your model and the serial number to the link.

usereeItGFlbSU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem as well. I just wanna knownif we can purchase thw displays and donit ourself or can you give me a cost?