cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rluna3360
Asteroid

HW-K550 subwoofer level is low

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few weeks ago, I purchased a Sumsung UN65KS8000FXZA for our living room that we do all of our everday TV watching in which is primarly cable TV we watch here.  I fell in love w/ the picture quailty but felt the sound was lacking so I decided to throw more money on top of what  I already spent on the TV.  Did some research and decided on the HW-K550 soundbar.

Yesterday I  connected the  k550 soundbar w/ the wireless sub to my UN65KS8000FXZA TV  via the built in TV sound connect feature.  The sub is paired and does work but I feel the bass sounds are  really low.

On the soundbar, I adjusted the subwoofer level to the max setting  and changed the bass setting to the max setting as well.  I also went the sound setting of the TV and found a sound setting, including an equalizer.   I played with those settings as well.  I watched parts of music concerts and action movies to test it out. I feel that i should get more "boom".

I did a tech support chat w/ Samsung to ask if I would gain something by using the ARC/HDMI route instead of the built in wireless interface to the TV. They stated it would be exactly the same.

Can someone suggest a setting or tweek that I may have missed or have some sort of trick in their magic bag that will help? 

I will admit, this is my first sound bar, maybe I'm expecting too much from it since I'm used to my high end home theater system with separate AVR , speakers and powered sub in my theater.

When I was reseaching the customer reviews for the product,  a few people complained about this issue but I figured they were the usual bag of crabby apples you always find posting in the reviews.  Most of the reviews stated it was a great sounding system, which It is /w the exception of the lack of bass. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4KRolo
Asteroid

Re: HW-K550 subwoofer level is low

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is the subwoofer synced with the soundbar? Plus it also depends on the movie or content you are watching?  Like watching action movies or Batman VS Superman there are plenty of scenes where I can hear the "BANG" from the subwoofer when buildings start to crash.  I have the KS550 soundbar volume on 20, subwoofer settings +3, sound effect movie, sounds alright to me.  Not all scenes use the subwoofer or some shows dont take better use of the subwoofer.  Are u sure all the cables, sound settings is correct or on the proper DTS, dolby digital, bluetooth set on tv, etc.   Did u remember to remove the small plastic cap on your fiber optic cable before connecting to the tv or soundbar?.

If all the cables, settings for tv, soundbar, subwoofer is set up correctly and still have issues maybe its just the shows, movies your watching?  Maybe they didnt make full use of subwoofer or its just not up to your standards ?  Try adjusting the volume a bit maybe or change some settings on your tv? Maybe that will help? 

35 REPLIES 35
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out. In most cases, we suggest trying to connect through the ARC port, so we can at least test it and see if there is any difference. I'm not a 100% sure this will make a difference but let's give it a shot. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

rluna3360
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a couple of days, I started getting deeper bass sounds from the woofer. Not sure what exactly happned but it works now. Sounds great.

Mike_S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the same soundbar (hw-k550) and am also using it with a Samsung TV and have the same issue.

The soundbar itself sounds great.  The issue is that there's only the slightest bit of sound coming out of the subwoofer.  It's definitely on, I can hear the sound if I got sit down near the subwoofer and put my ear next to it, but I just can't hear it if I'm on the couch (5-8 feet away).

Any ideas ?

4KRolo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is the subwoofer synced with the soundbar? Plus it also depends on the movie or content you are watching?  Like watching action movies or Batman VS Superman there are plenty of scenes where I can hear the "BANG" from the subwoofer when buildings start to crash.  I have the KS550 soundbar volume on 20, subwoofer settings +3, sound effect movie, sounds alright to me.  Not all scenes use the subwoofer or some shows dont take better use of the subwoofer.  Are u sure all the cables, sound settings is correct or on the proper DTS, dolby digital, bluetooth set on tv, etc.   Did u remember to remove the small plastic cap on your fiber optic cable before connecting to the tv or soundbar?.

If all the cables, settings for tv, soundbar, subwoofer is set up correctly and still have issues maybe its just the shows, movies your watching?  Maybe they didnt make full use of subwoofer or its just not up to your standards ?  Try adjusting the volume a bit maybe or change some settings on your tv? Maybe that will help? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @4KRolo. This information is spot on. If you continue having issues with this @mike_S, let us know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Mike_S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The salesman from the store I bought it from showed me how to press the Reset button on the Subwoofer and suggested that.  I gave it a try, and it seems a lot better now, way louder.

Thanks for your advice/help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome. GO TEAM! ^_^

OneThree
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem; the woofer was fine when I bought it, but after updating to the latest firmware the woofer was hardly producing any sound.

I followed the steps in the manual to re-link the woofer. It took a few tries, but once the woofer finally linked up successfully, regular bass performance returned.

userJQNb0Kp8aM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the rest button? Having the same problem with mine!