cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVCRgSG8wkw
Astronaut

Re: HW-K550 subwoofer level is low

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought this same unit as floor model for 155$ at Best Buy.    Mine is hooked up to an Insignia 43" 4K tv.  Similarly, I think my iPhone speaker has as much bass as the Sub.    And I was also turning up to max volume at times during Amazon prime streaming.   I currently have hooked using regular Aux jack.   I also tried HDMI (arc) to soundbar, but saw no difference.   I did notice the tiny button on back of sub which is recessed in so will require a pencil or something smaller than pinky to get in there and reset it.    I can't remember off hand if it says "Link" or "reset" now, but i assume its the "reset" button someone mentioned.     Its a dang shame Samsung engineers have essentially caused untold numbers of rather pricey soundbars to be returned to stores, potentially just due to poor syncing or "rebooting" behavior.  

And I almost laughed when I read the 'auto power on' function (or whatever its called) ===  So, it'll majically turn the sound bar "on" when TV detected (.... wait for it...) but "won't turn it off when TV is powered off"   --   I guess it has an auto-off feature I haven't paid attention to. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By any chance had you tried an optical connection with the soundbar/television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userDQKnYwfB6O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is marked as solved.

However, I believe this system either has a design issue or some are defective.

I bought this same sound system for my 60 inch Samsung.

After connecting everything, the lights on subwoofer and receiver went steady blue.

I was getting sound from the soundbar  (connected to TV via optical cable) and sourround (little) speakers .

However, no matter how high I raised the volume or sub-woofer, it was like listening to a system on treble.

I only received a very faint noise from the sub-woofer.

After spending 20 minutes with a Samsung rep who could not understand the problem, I requested to be transferred to someone else.

I was transferred to a supervisor who had me reset the ID to resynch. 

The resynching was successful.

However, but the issue with the sub-woofer was not resolved.

The supervisor kept repeating that the sub-woofer was not really for bass.

If this is is the case, this system is worthless.

Why would you want to have a system that plays every on treble.

Prior to this system I was using a 10 year old sound system, it sounded 10 times better than this system

I really was hoping for this system to give me a decent sound.

I'm reconnecting my old system and, sadly, returning the soundbar system.

My suggestion, do NOT buy this system!!!

Hope this saves some people some time.

userf1mTeT6sU5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes this is not resolved. Tried everything so far mentioned everywhere but still no luck. I will return the system tomorrow.

userrRiEvypelL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been very disappointed with my Samsung HW-K550 sound bar and rear speakers until accidently I found this free app that makes my sound bar fly! My rear speakers have improved 100% Ears Audio Toolkit is a must have and it's free Yes FREE!. This app on works with my Google Chrome browser and sets itself up with no effort. I've tried it on Pandora, YouTube, and Amazon. The sound was superb. Now my sound bar has a very good home theater quality. You can find this app at the Chrome app website. Happy listening. You won't be disappointed. this app should work on almost any sound bar for better quality of sound.

MCD73
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I actually just posted a separate post about this, and wanted to see if there were any updates? I don't have the 550, I have the 650 with same exact issue of barely any bass.
user9LMpsf4GoF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From another forum, worked for me:

1. Turn off the Sound bar 
2. On your remote hold the STOP button until you see INIT on the sound bar display
3. On the back of the subwoofer with a small pointed object (paper clip) hold the ID SET button till you see the blue flashing light on the subwoofer 
4. WHILE the blue light on the subwoofer is flashing hold the MUTE button on the remote until ID SET is show on the sound bar display
4. Turn on the sound bar and test 
**FYI the sound bar reset also resets the S/W lvl so increase it as needed
5. Enjoy the return of bass

Also now switches on with the TV!!

MCD73
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, my remote does not have a Stop or a Mute, any suggestions?

usericIQuZcUOV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

READ COMPLETELY FIRST UNTIL YOU HAVE THE STEPS MEMORIZED.

First turn off your sound bar.  Once your soundbar powers off, you will need to press and hold your remote controls mute button.(Mute button has a speaker with a line through it), until you see the "ID SET" come on on the sound bar.

Quickly reset the Sub woofer by inserting a paperclip into the reset hole located on the back of your subwoofer. (Don't use a pencil incase the lead breaks off.)

Hold the clip for about 5-6 seconds. Then your subwoofer blue l.e.d. should start blinking. 

Once you see the blinking Blue L.E.D. on the subwoofer, then turn on the soundbar with the power button on the remote control.

This should re-establish your link to the sub woofer. (The Blue L.E.D on the subwoofer will become solid)

Then keep pressing the sound effect button on your remote until your sound bar displays "MOVIE"

Next, pres the "SOUND" button on your remote, located to the right of your "SOUND EFFECT" button, until you see the Sub woofer off/on display, turn it to on.

Next, the press the button on the remote labelled "SOUND CONTROL" until "BASS" is displayed, set it to (+6)

Press the same button again "SOUND CONTROL" until "SUB WOOFER LEVEL " is displayed, set it to (+6) as well.

Now do a sound text by watching a channel on your T.V.

The higher the sound volume is the more bass you should hear.

Same steps should be followed with your rear surround speaker kit, only you will need to insert the paper clip into the reset hole on the back of your WIFI unit supplied with the speaker kit. (DO NOT reset the Subwoofer)

If you have purchased your sub woofer and or rear surround wifi speaker kit seperately from the sound bar, it is important to make sure that the correct model numbers have been purchased as most are not interchanagle.

Good Luck

useregTucQ7yHE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Play/pause button works as such but I think you’ll still be disappointed, though there will be some improvements