cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgoodz
Constellation

HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Thank You SamsungCole, the info is appreciated and I've printed the linked info to put in the manual.  I don't know how to determint what firmware the K950 is at.  The firmware for the TV is 1155 nothing reported seperately for the soundbar.

Now the K950 won't come out of the  D.IN mode to TvARC.  I"ve checked all the cables and powered down anbd up several times with no luck.  The sound bar finally went into a "Multi Channel" wireless M.CH mode.  When I put the sopurce back to D.IN it still wont convert to TvARC like it supposed to and has done since setting it up new.  What do I need to do to reset the soundbar so it can convert to TvArc?

Thanks for the assistance

Bill

56 REPLIES 56
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

Good morning, So I went a head and moved this issue to another thread to prevent confusion. Can you please provide a detail summary of your set up? This should include, what ports you are connected thought, what devices, and what type of cables you are using. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bgoodz
Constellation

Goodmorning Drew, thank you for your fast respone. Please let me provide you with a bit of history first before listing the connection details. K950 was set up per provided User Manual.  While reading the online User Manual last night it provided a picture of setting or checking the Auto On/Off feature by pressing and holding the left button on the remote (left side of round wheel). I attempted that and that is when things started to wig out, lock up and changed.  Although I did see a message that said "Update" so my assumption currently is maybe there was an update that changed the TvARC to a Multiple Channel WiFi (M.Ch) message. What used to happen (as in first set up) was D.In converted to TvArc.  Now if source is seleted to D.In the sound reverts to the TV Speakers and does not convert to TvARC per packaged User Manual. The online User Manual doesnt say D.IN converts to TvARC which makes me wonder if there has been updates and changes since the purchase of the K950? And now, while in the M.Ch source setting I am no longer getting the often scrolling message of "Surround Sound Check Right or Left" (which is nice) that started my postings to figure out what this means.

Ok, connections per provided set up user manuals: Items purchased Nov/Dec 2016

UN65KS 9800 TV (New)

HW-K950 Surround Sound Soundbar (New)

UBD-K8500 Blu-Ray (New)

TV One Connect cable from TV to One Connect on Smart Box

Soundbar: HDMI cable from HDMI Out (TV ARC) to HDMI IN (TV ARC) on Smart Box 

Blu-Ray Player: HDMI cable from HDMI Out to HDMI In2 on Soundbar (Dolby Atmos worked)

Cable Box: HDMI Out to HDMI Cable In on Smart Box

Im also now wondering if I inadvertainly pushed the "wireless" button on the underneath side of the soundbar while attempting to figure out why there was no longer a TV ARC converting fron D.IN as the on screen message was to check connections.

In closing everythig was working according to supplied User Manual for the last month plus.(Online User Manual seems to be a little different regarding the D.In converting to TV ARC not mentioned (that I saw).

Thanks Drew, will be looking forward to your response.

Bill

bgoodz
Constellation

OK, figured it out. While waiting for a response from my last reply I went to ground zero and unplugger sub, speakers, soundbar & HDMI TV Arc cable.  Followed the user manual that came with the system and hooked everythinng back up.  No soap, soundbar system still sourcing into D.IN and not converting to TV ARC which forced the sound to the TV speakers.  However, I could select Multi Channel Wireless WiFi via the TV sound settings which resulted in a AV system icon on the TV and reported the same in the soundbar message window(M.CH). Back to square one, what happened to TV ARC setting as indicated in the "boxed" manual.  What I discovered that is not in the manual is....hold down on the right side of the remote wheel and wahla TV ARC was a selection along with AV Surroundsound K950 Multi ChannelWireless  with a "Receiver" icon on the TV which the system was booting into and I do not have a receiver connected to the system(I suppose that's an option in case you do have one).  The TV ARC is an option selection on the remote by pressing and holding the right side of the center wheel as mentioned above.  Hope this helps anyone.

Now on to figuring out what and how to determine current firmware on the soundbar. There's no "menu" on the K950 remote to report this and I can't find anything in the TV sound settings that report current Soundbar Firmware. 

bgoodz
Constellation

My apologies, there is a description in the user manual regarding the remote center wheel buttons options, apparently I overlooked it in my haste to figure out my problem issues.  I was reading the online use manual trying to find out how to determine what firmware is on the soundbar currently. The online user manual is actually better than the one included with the soundbar.  Once we determine how to find the current firmware on the soundbar then Im good. Then I'll know if an update is needed or not. 

userEjxaWht0Ep
Constellation

I have the same issue as the OP, soundbar set to D.IN but no TV ARC message

Setup is Panasonic P65VT50 tv connected to Samsung K950 soundbar.

Soundbar set to 'D.IN', but 'TV ARC' message is not displayed

No sound from soundbar

TV remote controls sound bar volume display  (so anynet+ is working) just no sound comes out

Have tried a couple of different HDMI cables (including the one supplied with the soundbar)

Soundbar provides sound when other sources are connected to its other inputs

Have read all the posts I could find, and apart from turning off tv and soundbar overnight and hoping magic happens, there doesnt seem to be an answer. Can anyone help?

userEjxaWht0Ep
Constellation

well, blow me down. Magic happened. TV off all night, turned it on this morning and saw the 'TV ARC' message, and got sound. No idea why, nothing else changed.
userh5zpRzFsDh
Constellation

More magic! Same with MS550. Connect to Samsung TV with decent HDMI cable, using HDMI ARC ports. Turn off  everything for 10 minutes. Hey presto TV ARC appears on start up. 

TV switches on soundbar and one can now choose Dolby Digital. Big difference!

Yay!

userbenEpedk7Z
Constellation

I have same issue, my k-950 soundwar stopped appearing in my tv setting, so I cannot output audio to soundbar, i did a chat with samsung it was a total waste of time he made me disocnnect, reconnect everything, same results I gave up on him, I paid 2000$ for this piece of garbage that stopped working after couple months, any help out there? I powered off back on, same result.

it stopped working for 2 days, i disconnect one connect, then i do not see it the soundbar option in my tv setting. what a utter piece of cr ap, samsung any help????

userhEnd1qd5Yh
Constellation

I have the same issue here too. With this many people having the same issue it’s obviously a software issue on samgsungs end. Have they acknowledged it yet? Can’t they just immediately release a patch separating the “tv arc” and “d.in” to seperate channels until they can problem solve what the issue is?

have an atmos ready OLED lg tv, worked perfectly a few months back, but has been stuck on “d.in” since then. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread to no avail. Also, the sound bar can’t pass through a 4K HDR signal without sacrificing atmos to do so. So I have to choose between HDR or atmos on a $1600 sound system. 

This has been one of the worst purchases I’ve made. Samsung need to up their game.