cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJcvtrVvq7F
Cosmic Ray

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

@userhEnd1qd5Yhwrote:

I have the same issue here too. With this many people having the same issue it’s obviously a software issue on samgsungs end. Have they acknowledged it yet? Can’t they just immediately release a patch separating the “tv arc” and “d.in” to seperate channels until they can problem solve what the issue is?

have an atmos ready OLED lg tv, worked perfectly a few months back, but has been stuck on “d.in” since then. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread to no avail. Also, the sound bar can’t pass through a 4K HDR signal without sacrificing atmos to do so. So I have to choose between HDR or atmos on a $1600 sound system. 

This has been one of the worst purchases I’ve made. Samsung need to up their game. 

It has become clear that Samsung doesn't really want/prioritize any improvements to HW-K950 anymore. With a new model coming this summer and the lack of interest from support, it seems that we are pretty much left to complain until our posts are eventually pushed way down in the forum.

And if I'm wrong, I will gladly accept any evidence by Samsung support telling otherwise. Feel free to show me that Samsung actually does anything to help with all the complaints on the HW-K950. Because the firmware updates are lacking and far in between. Not everything can be fixed by buying new cables, resetting (and resetting, and resetting) and staring endlessly at manuals.

Raymond_R
Constellation

One way perhaps to ensure Samsung does not take its customer granted is to start leaving Honest, Negative reviews for this sound bar on Amazon, Samsung Site, Best Buy, Frys etc. - so that potential new buyers are aware of the various issues and Samsung's total apathy towards customers. 

userq56Chdz9nn
Astronaut

I am having the same issue of D.IN not switching to TV ARC with the latest N950 model too. I am using LG C8 and both the TV and Soundbar were working fine 2 weeks ago when i first got it. But now is by "luck" the D.IN will switch to TV ARC....

Just Work OK
Cosmic Ray

You can find your sound bar firm ware version in the multiroom app under update.
Shablamy2
Cosmic Ray

I found a way to get the firmware from the soundbar by playing around with the buttons on the remote(non of which is documented and could be due to my firmware level, but here goes..)

My current Firmware: v3114.2

Put the soundbar off/standby, then holding down the settings button(middle one between "effect" and "level"), the one with the settings wheel(wheel-cog). Keep holding it down until the soundbar boots. Keep an eye out on the soundbar's screen, it will cycle through all the "hidden" config like wireless ID's etc for each speaker, along with the firmware version.

Also found a way to re-init the system(I'm still searching for a way to factory reset the device). To re-init: Put the soundbar off/standby mode, then by holding down the volume up&down buttons on the side of the soundbar(not on the remote) until the display lights up with "INIT".

My ARC was working perfectly for about 1.5months, until I returned from my December 2017 holiday. No more ARC for me... I've reset my TV, decoder and re-INIT the soundbar. Also tried different HDMI cables and by unplugging all devices for 1 full day. Nada - fek
userEjxaWht0Ep
Constellation

+1 back from holidays. No TV ARC. WTF is going on with this soundbar. I guess I have to resort to an optical cable now.

userh3eH6p3rxf
Astronaut

This just happened to me too! Was working perfectly and now all of a sudden no ARC. This is really ridiculous

HTownTVknob
Cosmic Ray

Add me to the list soundbar arc worked fine for 2 months then today when I turned on system... No arc 

HTownTVknob
Cosmic Ray

I would not call it fixed but I was able to get ARC working on my k950.... Do all of you have samsung TVs as well.... Maybe with the one connect box? I unplugged all the hdmi cables and the the cable to one connect, then physically removed power to the TV for 15 minutes plugged back in and ARC was working 

HTownTVknob
Cosmic Ray

I think my issue is with the TV not the sound bar. I have a Samsung MU8500