Did you mean: 
userSBVYIoS8dk
Constellation

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

*ucking Samsung you guys listening?

userJ1hNV4kdc9
Constellation

My setup is with UN65MU8000 and directly connected to TV with HDMI port on ARC ports.

Things were working until I upgraded my firmware tonight and now the ARC option is gone. I tried reseting TV and re-setup my soundbar number of times but no luck.

I read someone with LG tv setup was successful in getting the ARC option back. Was anyone with SAMSUNG TV (UN65MU8000) had any luck ?

Thanks!

userbpmeiSEvyM
Asteroid

Yes!!

I was able to down load an update via wifi and the system works perfectly everytime I turn it on now. Thank you everyone for your help and thank you tech guys for figuring this glitch out. All of my Samsung products work perfectly together now. 

Thank you

Sean D

@userbpmeiSEvyM wrote:

I paid almost $2,000.00 for this soundbar + sub + surround speakers and it doesn't work. Occasionally it teases me and works for a night here and there then stops again. Hello tech guys????

What are you guys doing. I actually switch all of my products from Sony to Samsung. This is how you guys treat you valuable customers ? 

When are you going to fix this obvious software issue, at least tell us you realize there is an issue and are working toward a fix! That way we can all stop wasting our time with these so called fixes that don't work.

Waiting ................

userbpmeiSEvyM
Asteroid

Ok, So this proceedure seems to work !

If I "remember" to turn off the sound bar (HW- K950) with the supplied remote ..... BEFORE I shut off my samsung TV with the system remote (my bell fibe remote) everything seems to work fine. If I forget the DIN occurs, then I have to unplug the sound bar from power and ARC cable for 24 hrs to reset it. Again if I remember to follow the above proceedure it works every time. Sound bar powered on with it's own remote AFTER TV start up and off with suppied sound bar remote BEFORE TV shut down.

Hope this helps everyone out

Cheers 🤟

userBKDZoI56ee
Constellation

I sent my soundbar back in to Samsung, and they replaced the circuit board and sent it back.  The ARC connection works, but now I can't get the soundbar to connect to the subwoofer and surround speakers.  I called customer service and tried everything.  Now I may have to send this thing back to Samsung, although the rep suggested they may just send me a new one.  The issue was escalated and I am waiting for a call back.  

This is very frustrating.  To Samsung's credit, I think they realize these problems exist and are very willing to try to fix the issues.  I'll post an update when I get resolution to this issue.  

userBKDZoI56ee
Constellation

After 2 months of sending the soundbar back and forth, Samsung finally decided to give me a full refund.  Do I dare buy the new HW-N950?  I really want to go to another brand, but loved the Samsung when it worked.  I don't think any other system can match the full immersion with the rear surround speakers.  They had to have fixed these problems by now.  

I finally solved this in my setup.  It turns out that it was my cable box/DVR.  I had a Samsung 6-tuner cable box from Spectrum.  That model simply does not work with Anynet/CEC.  I would get the ARC connection every time without the cable box connected, but it would never work with it connected.

In the end, I swapped that DVR for a new 4-tuner from Spectrum and ARC has worked ever since.