JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-K950 : Frequent issues connecting Surround Left

(Topic created on: 6/4/17 3:01 AM)
userWLTzww5xLh
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi - When I start my soundbar, very often the surround left speaker doesn't connect. I get the message on the soundbar display. If I turn off the soundbar and turn on again, it might connect. When I turn off the power to surround left and turn on again, it surely reconnects. Please help. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, is the system connected to the internet?

Please try the manual pairing option as outlined on page 6: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201610/20161012115157742/HW-K950_ZA_AH68-02917M-04_1610...

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Strictly the left speaker and not the left side of the soundbar, correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userWLTzww5xLh
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@SamsungJam wrote:

Strictly the left speaker and not the left side of the soundbar, correct?

Correct - left speaker. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, is the system connected to the internet?

Please try the manual pairing option as outlined on page 6: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201610/20161012115157742/HW-K950_ZA_AH68-02917M-04_1610...

View solution in context

0 Likes
userWLTzww5xLh
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I have done a manual pairing as mentioned. For now it is working. I will have to watch for sometime before I can confirm that it is working well. 

Why did you ask me about internet connection? Do I have to do something about that too. 

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

Knowing if the unit is connected to the internet just gives us a better idea of what could possibly be happening. Since we can't make the exact diagnosis we can use different things to help narrow down the cause of any symptoms. If it's not connected, there isn't anything to worry over and we can't just skip those steps. Please keep us updated and let us know if the symptoms persist. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userWLTzww5xLh
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi - So far it works well except in one case. For some reason some times my TV connects to the sound bar on WIFI. In those cases, the left speaker again gives the same issue. But when switch TV and Sound bar on and off then the sound bar connects to the TV normally and the speaker is also fine. 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the update userWLTzww5xLh. You stated that sometimes your TV connects to the Sound Bar on Wi-Fi, how is it connected otherwise? 

0 Likes
userWLTzww5xLh
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi - My sound bar is connected to the TV by an HDMI cable to the TV ARC socket on the TV. 

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

Looks like we just had a new version for the sound bar's firmware go out yesterday that helps with stability. Do you know if the update went through automatically? If not, have you tried updating to 3113.5 over USB?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes