cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

HW-K950 NO ATMOS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am hoping the community can help me. I have never had the ATMOS working and am dissapointed with the sound I am getting. 

My set up is as follows

Soundbar HDMI Out (TV ARC) to LG TV HDMI IN/ARC

Virgin Media V6 Box (latest 4K) HDMI to LG TV

Virgin box is set to Dolby Digital

TV sound is set to soundbar

When streaming via the Virgin box or Netflix the soundbat reads TV ARC. 

Hopefully the community can help, I am aware from reading posts that the program needs to be in ATMOS and I should connect the soundbar to a Samsung ap to update the firmware which I will look into.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

Re: HW-K950 NO ATMOS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi not up and running yet...

Do i ignore the HDMI Arc port on the tv and just plug the soundbar into a normal HDMI port?

then it seems you are saying plug the virgin cable tv box directly i to the soundbar.

will try in an hour or so and seee what happens.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just to double check, is the soundbar up to date?

userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I read in an earlier thread that I need the samsung multiroom app and need to connect the speaker to wifi then update FW.
Tried to do this but couldn't get it to connect. It mentioned moving the sounbar closer to the router which isn't an option but will try again.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once you are connected to WiFi, try checking the firmware to make sure it is up to date. Also, just to test compatibility; try connecting the soundbar straight to the LG TV. See if you are able to use ATMOS with the 2 devices connected.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once you are connected to WiFi, try checking the firmware to make sure it is up to date. Also, just to test compatibility; try connecting the soundbar straight to the LG TV. See if you are able to use ATMOS with the 2 devices connected.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Soundbar is connected directly to the TV.

I am using the HDMI Out which I believe is ARC from the sounbar directly to the HDMI 1 ARC on the TV. Then the Virgin cable box is also running directly to the TV.

Firmware now upto date.

Highlighted
userSo0UJAg62u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the problem, you wont get ATMOS over ARC. You need to connect ATMOS capable device directly to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 to get the ATMOS

userOaBPd89GC0
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSo0UJAg62u wrote:

Here's the problem, you wont get ATMOS over ARC. You need to connect ATMOS capable device directly to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 to get the ATMOS

and one would think @SamsungLarry@SamsungDarius should have been able to come up with that.

userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So do i connect the soundbar HDMI Out to the non-ARC HDMI on the LG TV?
Or
Connect the Soundbar HDMI 1 to the LG HDMI Arc
Or
Connect Soundbar HDMI 1 to one of the non-ARC HDMI’s on the LG TV?

Thank you for the people that have been replying. I goto a cinema in Barnes West London called- Olympic Cinema(famous old recording studio-2nd only to Abby Rd) and they have ATMOS which made me get the Samsung set up.
userOaBPd89GC0
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going from your initial post,  just take the Virgin Box and connect it to HDMI 1 or 2 on the soundbar.