Asteroid

Re: HW-K950 NO ATMOS

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Great will try that when home tonight.
userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So i plugged Virgin box into HDMI 1 on the soundbar. Then the HDMI out from soundbar to the HDMI Arc on the TV and i could not get the Virgin signal through the tv.
Didn’t have time to try other HDMI inputs on the tv but will try that today.
userTlWMI9E2mi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The cable connection seems to be ok now. Check to see if the TV is set on HDMI ARC port, soundbar in set on HDMI 1 port and the Virgin box is set on the HDMI port.

But I don't think you will have any Dolby Atmos content from the Virgin box ... are there any tv channels with dolby atmos?

To have Dolby Atmos you should use a Windows 10 PC with Dolby Acces app installed, Xbox or Blu-ray player with Dolby Atmos support.

For eg: Netflix has Dolby Atmos content only on Windows 10 using the netflix app, not netflix from browser, Xbox and LG Oled TVs as far as I know.

P.S.: Nice job SamsungDarius and SamsungLarry with your firmware update Smiley Happy ... Brilliant Help Center

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userTlWMI9E2mi wrote:

The cable connection seems to be ok now. Check to see if the TV is set on HDMI ARC port, soundbar in set on HDMI 1 port and the Virgin box is set on the HDMI port.

But I don't think you will have any Dolby Atmos content from the Virgin box ... are there any tv channels with dolby atmos?

To have Dolby Atmos you should use a Windows 10 PC with Dolby Acces app installed, Xbox or Blu-ray player with Dolby Atmos support.

For eg: Netflix has Dolby Atmos content only on Windows 10 using the netflix app, not netflix from browser, Xbox and LG Oled TVs as far as I know.

P.S.: Nice job SamsungDarius and SamsungLarry with your firmware update Smiley Happy ... Brilliant Help Center

Netflix supports Atmos on a few devices (not just Windows).  However, I don't see this Virgin box listed.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJKOQBflTTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi not up and running yet...

Do i ignore the HDMI Arc port on the tv and just plug the soundbar into a normal HDMI port?

then it seems you are saying plug the virgin cable tv box directly i to the soundbar.

will try in an hour or so and seee what happens.