cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

HW-K950 WiFi Connection - Multiroom and SmartThings

My soundbar was playing up so I reset as I have done numerous times since purchasing and by holding the + & - buttons down until it displays INIT.

I then went to set it back up using the Multiroom App for iOS.  Following the prompts I press the SPK ADD button for more than one second, it chimes, the app detects the speaker and request that I input the password for "WiFi" (I presume this should show my SSID but it just says "WiFi") it processes for a while then fails.

It then attempts to go through the Direct WiFi setup, I hold down the WiFI SETUP button until it chimes (8 seconds rather than the specified 5), I connect to the speakers WiFi channel with my phone and return to the app but the CONTINUE button remains greyed out.

The SmartThings app doesn't even detect the speaker.

Tech support tells me that it will work with an android device (which I don't have), blaming iOS for the issue.  I set up an Android emulator on my PC and the process was exactly the same as above. 

Before I purchase and Android device I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar issues and had a solution. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-K950 WiFi Connection - Multiroom and SmartThings

I acquired a Samsung phone and the setup worked first time with no issues.  I wish Samsung would advise its customers that device setup is no longer supported by the iOS app, it would have saved me hours of headaches.  

At the very least their call center could asked what app was being used before making me troubleshoot prior to providing a "guarantee" that the iOS app was at fault.

Hopefully this post helps other users from pulling their hair out.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, hey i experienced the same issue.

will try with android and see if it works

thanks!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, I can share that smartthings are not working even if it is launched from Android phone (Galaxy S10).  It is working fine with Multiroom App, but when i'm trying to connect it with SmartThings - it simple does not find HW-K950. I cannot figure out what is required.

Soundbar HW-K950 has latest updates installed.

Multiroom app by itself stable - if you not used Multiroom app for several days, your soundbar is lost in Android app and you must add it as new speaker again. I have experience with Yamaha and iPhone - it is totaly different story.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We recommend that you reach out to our Smart Things team at 866-813-2404, or via Email at support@smartthings.com, for assistance with this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.