JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-KM45C - Display and remote not working

(Topic created: 03-15-2018 10:20 AM)
userry5gxGZqIr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I recently remodeled.  Unplugged by Soundbar from the TV and plugged it back in 3 days later.

The Soundbar is not turning on - display and remote both - but the speakers are providing sound via my Samsung TV (on external speaker mode).

I have plugged in everything multiple times, re-connected, reviewed the Owner's manual, and done eveything I can think of to do.

What could possibly be wrong? 

Soundbar Model - HW-KM45C

TV Model - UN48JU640DF

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

At this point, the soundbar would need to be serviced.  Please send us a private message with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

18 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Have you checked the outlets?  Double check the power cord in the back of the soundbar as well.  It may have come slightly dislodged from the rear. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userry5gxGZqIr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have.

And that would make sense with the exception of one thing - the speakers work with the TV (external speakers).

Hence, my confusion

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I thought that I had read that incorrectly.  You are connected via optical cable, correct?  

0 Likes
userry5gxGZqIr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, Optical.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

It really sounds like this will need to be serviced.  Could you provide the serial number from the soundbar?  

0 Likes
userry5gxGZqIr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

SN: <HIDDEN>

I turned it off and unplgged it for 5 minutes last night - same results.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

At this point, the soundbar would need to be serviced.  Please send us a private message with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userbvKkO3aVYn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I’m having the same issues. How do I set up a service on my sound bar?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I would be happy to look into this. Can you please send a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full model and serial numbers of the device? 

0 Likes