JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW M450 BT READY and won't shut off with TV

(Topic created: 07-20-2020 07:25 AM)
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The Samsung M450 soundbar is connected to my Samsung JU6550 Smart TV. When powered off, the soundbar reads 'disconnected' and then 'BT Ready' which stops after 20 seconds or so and then the soundbar powers off. It does not read "OFF" on the display as it used to. Not sure how to fix. I unplugged the soundbar and TV for 10 minutes. That did not fix it. How do I get the soundbar to just turn OFF with the tv?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

There was no universal remote option for the TV.

I reconnected the soundbar to my Amazon Firestick and it is working properly again. I had done a factory reset to the Firestick prior to this problem and this disconnected the soundbar. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm sorry to hear that, how do you have the soundbar connected to the TV? If you have it connected via HDMI ARC port it should power off with the TV as long as you also have anynet + turned on. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am not connected with the HDMI cable as I am using Bluetooth. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

can I have your current software version for the TV and soundbar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Soundbar Firmware

APR 29,2019  |  ver 1004.0 

TV Versions 1550

I updated the soundbar firmware from the Samsung site. After updating, the display read 'Done' and powered off the soundbar. When powering back on, there was no display reading of INIT.  I checked the soundbar settings and all were back to the default so I think it worked but never got the INIT message. Further attempts to "do over" the update resulted in a 'NODATA' message.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

If it said Done then the update was completed and the subsequent No Data messages confirms it since the latest available update is installed

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can best assist.

Did you previously have the universal remote feature set up with the soundbar?

0 Likes
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung Smart TV JU6500 and latest software update is version 1550. I checked for new updates and there weren't any.

I do not have a universal remote for the TV. I do use Amazon Fire Stick 4K.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Depending on the model, the remote may have a universal option. The full model code can be found in Settings>Support or on the back of the television.

0 Likes
yepphers
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

UN40JU6500F

I didn't see anything in the manual about a universal remote.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

The Universal Remote setup is in the eManual on the television.

0 Likes